dont you just hate thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont you just hate thieves

so yesterday i get a call from dad saying someone stole all of our guns out of the house. he went to check out my fenders i ordered for the tj and noticed the security rifle wasnt where it always is and looked at the gun cabinet and BAM, everything was gone. 2 22LR, 22 MAG, 12gauge pump with poly choke, my camo muzzle loader, and of course the .410 he gave me when i was 10. the thing is they left the welder and coin collection, and on top of that they found the key to the cabinet and even took it. i swear people these days jus tcant keep theyre hand to theyre own sh!t. of course we can buy all new guns but the sentimental value of the .410 which is also a gun that is no longer made cant be replaced.

so we took the steps of calling everyone and filing a police report, and today im calling all the pawn shops to see if anyone has tried pawning any guns. so now we have no guns except for the 30-30 that dad has at a buddies.

sorry for the rant and rave but had to get it out there.
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

That sucks...sorry to hear.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Yeah that sucks Man sorry to hear.Some crack heads broke into my grandparents house they bought next to theirs to fix up and re sell broke. Window out for 30 dollars worth of copper pipe.idiots

Comment

i know. atleast it was only the guns and not everything but still. i think people like that need shot and burried in the hills
        UNITED STATES MARINE
        sigpic

Comment

Yup agreed. I'd say your best bet is pawn shops Check surrounding area to not just locally.

Comment

i put out calls to all the pawn shops this morning. they also informed me that everytime someone pawns a gun they send the info to all the surrounding police stations in case that weapon or type of weapon has been reported stolen. hopefully something turns up.
            UNITED STATES MARINE
            sigpic

Comment

i think its time to install a security cam as well.
              UNITED STATES MARINE
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah.was it like a hunting cabin or your house and your deployed?

Comment

it was the house. im stationed in north carolina right and everything is at dads. i just dont get y they grabbed just the guns. they had to step over the welder to get to the gun case. i mean they even took the key to the case.
                  UNITED STATES MARINE
                  sigpic

Comment

Huh....sounds kind of like they knew what they were after and better yet it was someone you knew and had been in your home to know where the key was and take it.

Comment

I've made sure to take pictures of all of my guns (with serial numbers visible) for this type of thing. It's hard to deal the anger that this type of thievery provokes. Good luck!
                      ------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Originally posted by kentuckytwostep View Post
                        It's hard to deal the anger that this type of thievery provokes. Good luck!
                        Exactly, you can't even shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by kentuckytwostep View Post
                          It's hard to deal the anger that this type of thievery provokes.
                          i know the feeling. a thief is the lowest form of life in my book. anyone that would steal from his fellow man isn't worth the skin he's living in. not saying i would kill anyone but if death fell upon a person like that i wouldn't feel sorry for him. ;)
                          I understand the Jeep thing.......that's why i drive a Toyota.

'91 Toyota truck(3.0 to 3.4 swapped)
                          "F@#k vacuum lines my truck sucks enough!"

Comment

Hey that does really suck! I would be so ticked off, but the worst is they got the .410 your dad gave you when you were a kid.

You need to watch the online gun trading sites as well. I will look a little and see if any of the calibers show up and give you a heads up if they do.
                            Romans 7-8

Comment

Did you check and see if home owners insurance will cover them?

I agree if they knew where the key was, it was most likely someone you know... and that really sucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X