tj marker light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj marker light question

so heres the problem im having. the running lights on the front of the tj arent working but the turns do. the rear running lights and turn work fine its just both of the front. tested the wirering and its all good for both running lights and marker lights, could it just be both front plugs need replaced.any ideas.
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

Bulbs?
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
      Bulbs?
      put new bulbs in when i did the tj conversion, the problem was there before the conversion and yes they are dual filament bulbs.
      UNITED STATES MARINE
      sigpic

Comment

I have had to replace the sockets on a few TJ's. It's wouldn't surprise me if the sockets are bad. They tend to hold a lot of crud.

Comment

Originally posted by FluxIndustries View Post
          I have had to replace the sockets on a few TJ's. It's wouldn't surprise me if the sockets are bad. They tend to hold a lot of crud.
          i noticed that when i had the bulbs out. i just didnt see both front sockets going bad at once. or atleast notice it at once. any idea where the best place to order a set from.
          UNITED STATES MARINE
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoaktj View Post
            i noticed that when i had the bulbs out. i just didnt see both front sockets going bad at once. or atleast notice it at once. any idea where the best place to order a set from.
            If they're anything like the XJ (and it sounds like they are: junk) you can get a suitable replacement (also junk, unfortunately) in the HELP section anywhere...

Robert

Comment

Just do what I did. Cut the fenders into flat fenders and delete the markers completely
              If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Originally posted by tjrider View Post
                Just do what I did. Cut the fenders into flat fenders and delete the markers completely
                thats what i did, im running hood line tube fenders and mounted jk turns into the cj location on the grill.
                Attached Files
                UNITED STATES MARINE
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoaktj View Post
                  thats what i did, im running hood line tube fenders and mounted jk turns into the cj location on the grill.
                  i think i need to go bigger on tires
                  UNITED STATES MARINE
                  sigpic

Comment

I did the same thing, but I wired mine turn only. No more markers.
                    If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

There is tons of stuff out there to replace them with. The little plugs I have are pretty slick.

If I'm not mistaken they are on a series circuit, requiring both to be working. I know most I have replaced or messed with are a bit finicky.
                      Last edited by FluxIndustries; 11-01-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FluxIndustries View Post
                        There is tons of stuff out there to replace them with. The little plugs I have are pretty slick.

If I'm not mistaken they are on a series circuit, requiring both to be working. I know most I have replaced or messed with are a bit finicky.
                        I dunno... That would only give each one six volts. I'm sure they're standard twelve volt bulbs...

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                          I dunno... That would only give each one six volts. I'm sure they're standard twelve volt bulbs...

Robert
                          touche

Yep scratch that..

Comment

Working...
                          X