What would you say its worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say its worth?

Guy wants trade me, id probably sell it.

I have a 1995 jeep wrangler I'm looking to only trade at the moment. 95%tread on 35x12.50 tires 16' American racing wheels. Replaced windshield, heater core. New rear custom driveshaft, new rear axels and new ring and pinion. All done professionally. Driveshafts axels and differential gears are built and made for off road. Has 4.11 gears . Slip eliminator in the front differential. Rear end is posi. Rhino lined floorboards and all over the interior. All fluids are regularly changed and its maintnenced. 130,000 miles. 4.0 straight six. I have a full soft top, bikini top, emergency top, and a tanoo cover. And doors. A lot has been done to it. Brand new built transmission still under waranty. Also an all new sound system is being installed. Everything has been professionally done.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339449759165.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	76627

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339449782358.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	76628Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1339449759165.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	76627
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Approx $5g, dunno just a guess

Comment

What axles? If a d35 in the rear, $ is less
      1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
      FJ 40 axles (4.10)
      5.14 tcase
      36" TSL SX

Comment

As long as it runs well and nothing major needs fixed I'd agree with $5k. I love how a nice jeep really holds its value. From the pics and specs it looks nice to me.

Comment

He's trying to tell me its worth 9500

Comment

$5k would be the TOP of the line. Many more out there for $4k or so.

It is entirely possible, however, that they have $9-10k in it.
            FJ 40 axles (4.10)
            5.14 tcase
            36" TSL SX

Comment

That's what I figured he has that in it and wants to get that out of it

Comment

I'm not a jeep guy so someone tell me what a slip eliminater up front is,and what is an emergency top?

Comment

May be worth $9500 with tons, kick ass suspension and a built v8 and oh yeah a winch

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                    I'm not a jeep guy so someone tell me what a slip eliminater up front is,and what is an emergency top?
                    Slip eliminator..... Best we could come up with was the CAD eliminator (axle disconnect)

Emergency top is a glorified tarp. The "it's raining pull this over the jeep so it doesn't get wet" top in a bag.
                    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                    5.14 tcase
                    36" TSL SX

Comment

Seems pretty obvious to me after reading the description and looking at the pictures it is a mall crawler and the guy really doesn't know much about off-road vehicles. The chain wrapped around the front bumper and KC smiley light covers are the easy things to spot, then the "Driveshafts axels and differential gears are built and made for off road. Has 4.11 gears . Slip eliminator in the front differential. Rear end is posi.".......nothing says hardcore like 4.11 gears and rear end posi.

Comment

Haha thanks guys always know I can't count on you guys for an honest answer.

Comment

He has to be talking about a slip yoke eliminator...since he is talking about a custom driveshaft. If it had a spectacular frame with zero rust and has been coated, and had rubicon lift kit, and has dana 44's with chromoly, and has lockers, and has hard doors, and the engine is in stellar shape, then you could maybe look up to 6500ish to the right buyer.

It has probably never seen mud or rocks if he is advertising his sound system as a selling point.

Comment

It's not worth $9500. It's a clean Jeep, and he probably has that much in it, but it is nothing special. $5K on a good day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                              Seems pretty obvious to me after reading the description and looking at the pictures it is a mall crawler and the guy really doesn't know much about off-road vehicles. The chain wrapped around the front bumper and KC smiley light covers are the easy things to spot, then the "Driveshafts axels and differential gears are built and made for off road. Has 4.11 gears . Slip eliminator in the front differential. Rear end is posi.".......nothing says hardcore like 4.11 gears and rear end posi.
                              It is hard to know what this seller is saying because he speeks of the "slip eliminator" being in the front diff and not the tranny/transfer and talks about the rear drive-shaft being custom?????

When I am looking to buy something to me some big red flags are the seller using the word "built" for everything but not explaining what it means and using wrong terms like "slip eliminator front differential" that show they have no idea what they are talking about. Not explaining a single thing about the stupendous unbreakable off-road drive-train or even detailing what it includes beyond the engine...?

Rear end is probably re-built because it is a D35 that took a crap and will again... If it had a great rear end he would surely be mentioning it. The hood lettering says it all about this jeep IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X