trailering question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailering question

I need to trailer a rig back to cincy area. This rig is about 90" wide outside to outside of the tires and inside to inside is about 62". I don t have a trailer that wide or one that I can drive over the wheel wells. what the best way to get it back here, oh yeah, pulling it with a ram 1500 no 5th wheel or g/n.

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
    I need to trailer a rig back to cincy area. This rig is about 90" wide outside to outside of the tires and inside to inside is about 62". I don t have a trailer that wide or one that I can drive over the wheel wells. what the best way to get it back here, oh yeah, pulling it with a ram 1500 no 5th wheel or g/n.
    Roll back
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Damn that's wide...

If you can get a trailer close to wide enough, you can build up between the fenders with 4x4 lumber to give you something solid to drive over...

Robert
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

how much would it change if you put some skinny stock tires on it ?

i second the roll back or a bumper pull deck over trailer... theres a guy on CL that advertises that he rents all different sized trailers....

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bfd/3090135154.html

HTH...
        sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I have no extra tires for it, I am trading a rig for a rig. This one is sitting on rockwells and 42's.

I thought about building something like that, not sure how safe it would be to run down the road with 6 inches of tire hanging over each side of the trailer.

I may try to call that guy and see what he s got.

Comment

Originally posted by NKYJEEPSTER View Post
            not sure how safe it would be to run down the road with 6 inches of tire hanging over each side of the trailer...
            90-62=28, so 14" wide tires?

6" hanging off means 8" still on. You'd haul a Honda on 8" wide tires, right?

Long as it's strapped down well, it ain't going anywhere...

But, if you can barely get this monster home, what the hell are you gonna do with it once you do?!?

Robert

Comment

I m in the process of finding a new trailer. Just dont have a lot of extra boot right now so I just need to get it up here.

Comment

What about a tow dolly? Probably not ideal though
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

If the craigslist guy that Hodges posted will rent you a deckover for $35 a day, that'd definitely be the way to go...

Doesn't look like he's showing one, but it'd be worth asking.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                    If the craigslist guy that Hodges posted will rent you a deckover for $35 a day, that'd definitely be the way to go...

Doesn't look like he's showing one, but it'd be worth asking.

Robert
                    I know i have seen an advertisement on CL for someone renting deck over trailers and i am pretty sure it is the guy i posted the link to, but not 100% sure... The was usually a pic of a deck over in the add... I'll look again this and see if i can find it for sure...
                    sigpic
                    chris hodges
                    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

where is it? for the right money i could go get it.
                      95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

A little off topic but is it the wrangler on rockwells on craigslist cuz if it is I need to see this thing.
                        BYAAH!!!

Comment

i wouldnt b bit afraid haul it with half tires hanging off each side if you have it secured to trailer properly
                          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Like said above, there shouldn't be Any issue with some tire hanging off the side. With 8 inches still on the deck it would have to move a lot to be an issue, and if it does move that much you have bigger issues. I just used scrap 4x4s along the fenders to drive over.

Comment

it is not on craigslist, but a pic i can post.

Comment

Working...
                              X