Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal question...Sold as is...means sold as is...right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal question...Sold as is...means sold as is...right?

My girlfriend traded her trailer 32 days for another trailer..traded straight up.

The lady calls 32 days after the trade and says we need to trade back because she pulled the trailer and had 2 tires blow on the right side..(sounds like she hit something to me) but she claims its a faulty trailer that its our fault! She also states that 3 out of 4 leaf spring brackets are cracked and none of the lights work. She uses the trailer every weekend says she is tired of working on it!

My girlfriend has pulled the trailer for over 1 year almost every weekend with ZERO problems!

The lady is now saying that we need to trade back, OR, pay 1000 bucks for the repairs, OR, we will hear from her attorny.

We said no trade backs..SOLD AS IS!

We both have a bill of sale that says "sold as is" on it.

I mean why didnt she call sooner? why wait 32 days?

I think she just ran over a curb or hit something, maybe even overloaded it.

Online it says "sold as is" means just that. and we are not liable for anything. Its a used trailer, you take a chance on it, if you beat the **** out of it something is bound to break.

Just looking to vent from this ladys threats about stupid stuff.

any advice? :confused: We are waiting to hear from her attorny and will keep ya posted about this weird circumstance..Thanks
    Powerstrokes, Mustangs, and Jeeps.. oh my

Go ahead and tell them to call a lawyer. There is nothing they can do.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

If your bill of sale says "sold as is", then yes, it's sold "as is". A lot of people think that using the word "Lawyer" will make people do things they don't have to. Sounds to me like she needs to learn how to pull a trailer.

Comment

There's nothing she can do really. Bill of sale says sold as is that sums it up.

Sent from my dumb phone!

Comment

If yer receipt says it, yer covered. Tell her to go eat a bag of ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
            Go ahead and tell them to call a lawyer. There is nothing they can do.
            x2... had the same thing happen when i sold a car a few years ago...
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

regardless of the "bill of sale" any lawyer would tell her it's not worth the $1000 she wants out of you. carwash has it right... bag-o-****s for her.
              ------------------------------------

my rig

Comment

Buyer beware.... she should've checked it out first. You didn't force her to trade
                If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

I wouldn't budge on it. If she wants to take you to court, then go to court.

The trailer wasn't torn up when she took it from you, so I would just tell her to get bent..

Comment

How much does she want for the trailer? :o
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      How much does she want for the trailer? :o

Thanks..so far no calls from the law office lol hopefully we dont have to waste time going to court over her not getting it inspected or he lack of driving skills.

well it is for sale..we are remodeling the living quarters and painting it...maybe around 6k. Its a 3 horse slant with rear tack..25ft total leangth, gooseneck

Thanks again!
                      Powerstrokes, Mustangs, and Jeeps.. oh my

Comment

Working...
                      X