Poker Run ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker Run ???

As a club we are tossing around the idea of having a Poker Run at Big Rock sometime in 2013. I was wondering what ya'll thought about these types of events in general. Don't really have any details or specifics on what/when...I am just looking to see if this is something some of you would be interested in attending and/or if you've been to one and what you liked or didn't like about it.

Let me know thoughts and feedback...We're trying to come up with some different events as a club for people to attend and this is one idea. If you have some other ideas, let me know that as well.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller......

Comment

Sounds like an interesting idea.
      JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
      87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

So is this the official idea thread?
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I participate in one in TN every year. It's a good time. It's like $20 a rig to get in. They set up six challenge courses with the intent that most rig's will make them. The sixth course is a bonus course. Everyone draws numbers at the beginning to figure out which course they will start on so it splits everyone up a little. There is a judge at each course that passes out a card when each rig completes it. The cards are marked when they are passed out with the rig # so that people can't trade cards around. At the end of the run, best hand win's! Their run is a fundraiser, so they keep something like half the pot for the charity, the rest to the winner or something like that.
          91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
            I participate in one in TN every year. It's a good time. It's like $20 a rig to get in. They set up six challenge courses with the intent that most rig's will make them. The sixth course is a bonus course. Everyone draws numbers at the beginning to figure out which course they will start on so it splits everyone up a little. There is a judge at each course that passes out a card when each rig completes it. The cards are marked when they are passed out with the rig # so that people can't trade cards around. At the end of the run, best hand win's! Their run is a fundraiser, so they keep something like half the pot for the charity, the rest to the winner or something like that.
            Thanks, Casey...Hadn't thought about marking the card w/the rig #.
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

So does this mean no one is interested or that people need more details to be interested?

hmm I wonder

Comment

It sounds like it would be fun the only problem is with it being at big rock there really isn't any challenging stuff there unless your in an Almost stock ride... Casey I wanna go with u next year if u attend the same one that sounds fun... Is there anywhere else to host the event?
                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Sounds like fun to me

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                    It sounds like it would be fun the only problem is with it being at big rock there really isn't any challenging stuff there unless your in an Almost stock ride... Casey I wanna go with u next year if u attend the same one that sounds fun... Is there anywhere else to host the event?
                    BR is the closest .. everything else is a pretty good drive.

So what if we had a group do the obstacles backwards ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                      BR is the closest .. everything else is a pretty good drive.

So what if we had a group do the obstacles backwards ;)
                      Upside down :)
                      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                        Upside down :)
                        Blindfold w/a spotter

Comment

Working...
                        X