Back in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in action

Unless something crazy happens between now and 6:30pm I'll be back in action with a cj7. Pretty stoked to be back in the jeep/ offroad lifestyle. Its been awhile.
    I've been looking for quite some time for the right jeep that fits into the budget and would get me on the trail. All I can say is that there are some guys on Craigslist and the web that are really, Really, proud of some heaps of junk!

Hopefully I can get to know some of you guys/ gals in the near future out on the trail and around the campfire.

:cheerleader: Awesome news! Be sure to post up some pics of it ....
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Here's the jewel.

258, t-176, d300
      model 20 with full detroit and superior 1 piece axles
      Dana 30 open
      worn out 33 mtr's

Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Congrats Andy...
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Nice. Love the attitude!

Might wanna check that shackle angle though.

Robert
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
            Nice. Love the attitude!

Might wanna check that shackle angle though.

Robert
            They are boomerang shackles. But I see how the pic makes them look f'd up

Comment

Ahh... Even better!
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

This thing runs really well :). It was leaking pretty bad from the valve cover. So I replaced the gasket to find that this thing has a 4.0L head. I think thats way cool. Maybe I'll do the injection swap at some point. It has the MC 2 barrel now.
                Has anyone here ever done the 4.0L head swap onto a 258? I'm curious if I were to ever need to change the head gasket, which head gasket would I need? 258 or 4.0L?
                I believe this thing has a 99' or newer head on it.
                Andy

Comment

From what I remember it doesn't matter. I think the main difference is the 4.0 head has some water passages that need to be sealed up. Inject it and you willbe very happy
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

My spare 258 has the 4.0 head, I would have to look at my notes on the head gasket. I also run the MC 2100 and have swapped out the DuraSpark ignition for the Team Rush upgrade with the e-coil and the cdi ignition box. Nice CJ.

Comment

Wrenchmonkey- I was avi too.

Gper- thanks

Comment

I am currently replacing all the rust/ rot from my replacement tub and modifying a few things. I have never done any form of body work and have never welded sheet metal before. So this, so far, has been a real learning experience for me. I got a tub and some replacement panels from another forum member here which has simplified the process some by having all the pieces to the puzzle.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy sheet metal, 18 guage stuff? I found some a TSC but they have a very limited/ expensive selection. I'm going to need a few more pieces to finish everything.

Comment

usually body shop supply companys hav like 24"x24" sheetmetal to use for patches in stock.
                          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
                            usually body shop supply companys hav like 24"x24" sheetmetal to use for patches in stock.
                            i have gotten pieces like that^ at Home Chepot and i think i have seen them at TSC too...

sigpic
                            chris hodges
                            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by monkeystrong View Post
                              I am currently replacing all the rust/ rot from my replacement tub and modifying a few things. I have never done any form of body work and have never welded sheet metal before. So this, so far, has been a real learning experience for me. I got a tub and some replacement panels from another forum member here which has simplified the process some by having all the pieces to the puzzle.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy sheet metal, 18 guage stuff? I found some a TSC but they have a very limited/ expensive selection. I'm going to need a few more pieces to finish everything.
                              I got several 32"x40" sheets of 17 Gauge (.054) ..new but with surface rust for $20 each firm.

Stuff is shear cut and never sat outside..rained the day I got it :mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X