• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work.

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

Looking awesome. Hope to see it wheeling sometime.

Comment

it will be on the trail this spring...

Comment

fuel tank in... 15 gallon RCI cell. Chevy sending unit.

side plates on, 1/4" plate, covers the nasty body damage that was there, looks nice, same hammered finish.

working on the inner fenders right now, should have them done this weekend, then it will be the cross-member and that's it.

Comment

Instead of grade 8 hex bolts why not use flat head allen bolts? Fuel cell looks great!
              sigpic

Comment

Looks good Mike ,

I'm sure you know this but !!! you need to strap that tank down. There are several threads on Pirate about the tabs tearing off the bottom of the RCI tanks while wheeling rough with a full tank of fuel . Just FYI

Comment

Looks great Mike!
                  I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

yeah sarge, i have read that as well... never happened on my tank i had in the Pumpkin. I'm not gonna strap it, he can if he wants.

thanks for the props guys.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                      fuel tank in... 15 gallon RCI cell. Chevy sending unit.
                      What is your resistance on your sending unit? I might have a fuel gauge for you.
                      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

it's 8 ohm, utlizes the stock jeep fuel gauge. thanks tho tony.

but wait... what you got? I still need a gauge for the crawler...

Comment

Autometer fuel gauge

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...gid=2502&sid=3

Should be all the details you need. I opened it but found out it wouldnt work for me. So its never been used.
                          91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

hmmm, how can i tell if it will work with this cell.

Comment

ah, wont work, this tank's sender says:

"Sender Ohm Range: 0 ohms empty, 90 ohms full"

yours says "Range: 240Ωs Empty / 33Ωs Full"

oh well. thanks for trying.

Comment

Well, the copper CJ left the shop today... parting is such sweet sorrow. The cat will be upset that it lost its sleeping spot. Who knew a PRP seat would be such a great place to have kittens.

Anyway, was waiting for jim to finish his motor/trans/atlas install so i could build his crossmember/skidplate for it...

I went a little over the top i think... had to incorporate a mount for the tcase, a mount for the anti-wrap bar, and some protection for the trans pan. Here are some photos of the build process.

Started by putting the fabsets on the frame in the places i wanted them and working from there. Used bendTech to get my bends perfect, man i'ts an amazing piece of software once you get your dies calibrated to it...

tacked in the first tube, then pulled it to make the bosses for what would become the mount.

All tubing is 1.75 x .125, except for the bosses. They are 1.25 x .375 wall, which leave a perfect hole for a 1/2" bolt.

Comment

Working...
                                X