Installing laminate flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing laminate flooring

Getting ready to install the lock together laminate flooring. I have never done this. Any tips?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Its pretty easy. I like the stuff with the moisture barrier attached.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Pretty simple, I put some in our condo last year, just make sure you stagger the joints on each row

Comment

It's high on my to-do list too.

The only bit that worries me is how to make it fit against the molding around the doors?

Ideas?

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          It's high on my to-do list too.

The only bit that worries me is how to make it fit against the molding around the doors?

Ideas?

Robert
          Take a scrap piece of flooring, and use a back cut saw , put scrap piece buy the door frame and cut bottoms of frame/moulding, new floor will slide under it

Comment

Originally posted by fastford View Post
            Take a scrap piece of flooring, and use a back cut saw , put scrap piece buy the door frame and cut bottoms of frame/moulding, new floor will slide under it
            And you can also install a shoe mold after the floor is in to hide the edge around the baseboard...
            sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

The fun begins tonight. Hopefully I will be done Sunday. I have heard once you get it going it goes quick.

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                And you can also install a shoe mold after the floor is in to hide the edge around the baseboard...
                Yeah around baseboard not doors though

Comment

Originally posted by fastford View Post
                  Yeah around baseboard not doors though
                  did i say doors...

try your best to stay straight and square... It will make the end of the install much easier... a new blade with at least 44tpi will make the cuts much nicer too..

If you have any trouble give me a call i don't have anything going on this weekend...

sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

When I did my kitchen I bought a metal tool that you use to slide on end of boards and tap with hammer to get them snug so the joints are tight. Helped a lot. . If you don't have one you may want to get one. It can be tough to get the last boards tight when your against the wall. This tool slides in tight ends . Just FYI .but the install is like doing a puzzle and its really easy.
                    just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

For cutting door frames or similar i always use a pull saw. Place a scrap piece down and use the saw its a really thin saw and will cut really nice.

Also you will want to make sure you measure you room width so that your first and last pieces are similar widths. Not a big deal but its the details that make these installs look good.

Also buy the right tools. A knock block and an edge pull bar. These will eliminate floor damage.

Its pretty easy. Take your time and stagger the joints.

Comment

Done. It is very easy. I recommmend getting the flooring with padding attached. It would make it that much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                          Done. It is very easy. I recommmend getting the flooring with padding attached. It would make it that much easier.
                          Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                          Its pretty easy. I like the stuff with the moisture barrier attached.
                          One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                          LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I had to put about 700 sq ft of this stuff down in a 2 bedroom apt in the basement. Had some long runs down the hallway that sucked real bad.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X