how come we don't do a swap meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come we don't do a swap meet?

Anyone else think it would be cool for core to put on a swap meet like KOI and miami valley 4x4? I'm sure we could lots of parts out there, and get some out of town core members together. I know i got some stuff for it.Just a thought.....
    If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

to put it simple, all of us are too snug, too tight, known to squeak when we walk, wouldn't know a deal if it jumped up and bit us on the backside, we would rather wait for bark on a tree to grow than to buy kindling for a fire. and most of all we would need to see pics before participating.......
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
      to put it simple, all of us are too snug, too tight, known to squeak when we walk, wouldn't know a deal if it jumped up and bit us on the backside, we would rather wait for bark on a tree to grow than to buy kindling for a fire. and most of all we would need to see pics before participating.......
      Ha lmao

From what I have seen at swap meets people try to sell junk for a million dollars... It's all stock stuff nobody wants... I have always found much better deals by word of mouth or craigslist than any swap meet
      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Have you ever been to a Miami valley 4x4 swap meet? No one. should ever have a swap meet like that. No one.

Comment

From a club perspective,

We have discussed it in the past. However, questions like: where to have it? how much would the "where" cost? people to run it? publicity so people know about it otherwise it's two people talking around their own parts?

We determined that it was better for us to not throw CORE into this. IOK swap meets already have a history of people knowing about them and where. Maybe check into setting up something at their next one?
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I've been to miami valley several times, didn't think it was that bad. What if we just tacked it on to the benefit?
            If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Originally posted by tjrider View Post
              I've been to miami valley several times, didn't think it was that bad. What if we just tacked it on to the benefit?
              Benefit format is changing dramatically in 2013 and I don't believe it would be a good fit as part of a poker run. It was discussed in prior years, but never took hold.
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I'm sure Muddy buddys will have a swap meet this year if you don't want to go to IOK's

Comment

Miami Valleys swap meet is best on Saturdays. Sundays no one is there.

Speaking from experience it is difficult to add events and keep a strong work force. The more events you have the quicker your work force will get burnt out. Trust me. Keep your benefit to only a few events. Its a great time as it is. I'm looking forward to the poker run, sounds fun. We looked at implementing one at our Jamboree on the offroad course, but are still working on the details.

Comment

mv4w swap meet

One of them last year we only had it on Saturday because it is usually a bust on Sunday

Comment

Working...
                    X