Wheel machining/warranty question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel machining/warranty question.

So my excursions wheel apparently have decided they don't like the idea of being a complete wheel. They are developing cracks in the spokes. Wheels are a few years old, but only have maybe 3000-4000 miles on them. I talked to the manufacturer and they said that there is a lifetime structural warranty on the wheels. I only have pics of the worst wheel, but found 2 more wheels with the same cracks starting on them in the same identical place. Problem is, is that the wheel is discontinued, so not sure how they are going to warranty them.

Does this look like a design or machining problem to anyone else? I'm thinking with the hole milled there, that there just isn't enough material there, or that the edge from machining the hole is a stressed.

Front of wheel

Back of wheel

Basically I just need a second oponion that this isn't my fault. If you look at the rear view, you can see on the spoke above the broken one, that it is starting to crack in the same place, that combined with the fact that 2 more wheels are doing the same thing tells me it's a design or manufacturing problem.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

lifetime structural warranty. I would insist on a new set of wheels. I don't know how that could be your fault.

Comment

I would get a full replacement! That's b.s.Who is the manufacturer?
      I hope your not driving it.That's definitely a design/ manufacturing issue.

Comment

Ive seen them crack on diesels dodges,fords,chevys dont know if those were from heavy loads or defects.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not enough material for the weight of vehicle... Def a design flaw! Do NOT drive that thing if they don't have a set of those they need to furnish a new set or give u a store credit for the value of those wheels towards new ones... Kinda like wal mart
          S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Now that i look close i have a brand of those on my truck

Comment

Gear alloy is the brand.

Comment

Tell them you want them off of your truck and 5 new wheels of your choice with the tires mounted on them. That is a law suit waiting to happen and they better start a recall on them.

Comment

Wow!!! That looks dangerous...

Comment

They have a 3900lb rating on them? That is what is the minimum requirement on a 3/4 ton or one ton truck that is used for towing from what I have read. I have 4800lb rating on my rims and worry some times. 8200lb truck plus 1900lbs in bed and 16000 lb bumper pull trailer = over 3000 lbs per each rear wheel. Some rims that I have seen out there by design look cool but structurally are compromised.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                      They have a 3900lb rating on them? That is what is the minimum requirement on a 3/4 ton or one ton truck that is used for towing from what I have read. I have 4800lb rating on my rims and worry some times. 8200lb truck plus 1900lbs in bed and 16000 lb bumper pull trailer = over 3000 lbs per each rear wheel. Some rims that I have seen out there by design look cool but structurally are compromised.
                      It's on a v10 excursion, not worried about the weight limit like If it was a truck, won't be overloading the bed, and only pulling the buggy on a bumper pull.

Comment

I think what hes saying is the weight of the vehicle combined with trailer and load may have caused it. But ive seen on trucks where rims do this that are aftermarket.

Comment

That's why I have a no fat girls policy in my truck

Comment

Originally posted by race10 View Post
                            That's why I have a no fat girls policy in my truck
                            lmao
                            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                            X