No announcement yet.

Hobart 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Campbell-Hausfeld FarmHand 115 years ago from Home Depot in Harrison, it's been a great light to meduim duty mig welder for the money.If your budget allows buy the best one you can afford,like the Miller.

Nick
    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
      If you have money to burn, get a Miller. If you're like most of us, then a Lincoln or Hobart will do. The bigger the welder, the less prep there is.

Yellowjacket has a Hobart 210 and a tank for sale.
      Miller bought hobart. If you look at a 140 mig gun it says miller on it
      If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Originally posted by tjrider View Post
        Miller bought hobart. If you look at a 140 mig gun it says miller on it
        Yup my Hobart says Miller on it also.

Comment

Good to know....

Nick
          Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
          Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

yeah but are they same build as miller? komatsu bought dresser and put there name on it but still same dresser junk, hitachi makes john deere, so when they put jd on it, dont make it any better than a hitachi excavator, which is ****
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Hobart is the same as miller. They are made in Troy Ohio. My good friend used to work their and his dad has been with the company 30+ years but was relocated to Florida a month ago.

What many don't realize is almost all your welding wire are made in the same place. Hobart makes most of the wire and at the end of the line is when they place tons of different labels on it. They also supply US military with generators.

Comment

good to know, i figured internals could be different to make a cheaper brand.
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9997

Buy that one and wire up a new plus to atleast a 60 amp breaker. That the same as mine and it'll weld pretty much any thickness you'd need to weld at home.

Comment

Originally posted by nshefbuch View Post

What many don't realize is almost all your welding wire are made in the same place. Hobart makes most of the wire and at the end of the line is when they place tons of different labels on it. They also supply US military with generators.
                    Do you mean all the wires sold at tractor supply and department stores? At work in the last ten years we've tried atleast 8 different brands of wire and not one of them came from Hobart.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                      Do you mean all the wires sold at tractor supply and department stores? At work in the last ten years we've tried atleast 8 different brands of wire and not one of them came from Hobart.
                      Yup, doesn't have to say Hobart on the label(like TSC) and could be the same with just a different label.

I'm no expert but going off of what my buddy that worked there said. He spooled wire before college and told me of the many labels they put on them.

Sounds like tire companies. Only like 6 different companies that make all the different brands out there for US.

Comment

I got kind of lucky and a buddy of mine from work loaned me his Miller 135.
                        My project is seriously underway now.

I was at tsc today and their welding tips say miller/ Hobart on the packaging.

Comment

Working...
                        X