No announcement yet.

Learn your alphabet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No you can not be charged . I spend alot of time in KY and TN consuming cold frosty ones and have asked the local law enforcement about the dry law. Being a dry county simply means that you can not sell it ! Now with that being said if you do go to a wet county and buy .... lets say a truck load of beer then you run the risk of being arrested for illegal transportation because it is more then the normal person would drink and they assume you are taking it to a dry county for resale. I have a buddy down at Dalehollow who helps us out with boat repairs and when we go down he used to ask us to bring him beer. I normally would take him 10 or so cases at a time. Last year I called him and told him I was on my way and asked for his order and he advised me to only bring a couple of cases. Apparently he loaded up his car at our camp site with 10 cases of beer and got stopped on the way home for speeding and almost got nailed for having more then the normal person would buy to drink. I guess he had to do some fast talking , but it scared him really bad.
    When we go down with a group we normally transport 25-30 cases and a crap load of bottles , But we normally have 15-20 people in our group and stay for a week. Back in our house boat days when we would go on our yearly adult only bash to 76 falls we would have 6 couples on our house boat and have pictures of 40 cases of Miller Light stacked on the front of the boat it was a good trip

Comment

thats what i figured it was some bs story, but still figured ide get your 2cents woth. thats y i like living in crittenden, i got a liquor store and a bar less than 3 miles from home.
      sigpic
      REMEMBER WHEN GAS USED TO ONLY COST AN ARM AND A LEG???

Comment

I'm not saying anything written above is right or wrong, just stating some expriences of my friends. Another friend is an attorney so he had provided the advice prior to these occurrences.

1. Guy was definitely drunk based on the legal limit, but nowhere close to being "sloppy drunk" and if you didn't know the guy previously you would probably of have a hard time even knowing he had been drinking. Got pulled over, refused FST, car impounded, arrested, etc... Went to court and a lawyer got the case threw out quickly. The cost of the lawyer was well worth it to him versus having a DUI on his record.

2. Guy pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving. He had maybe 2 drinks so he was most likely under the legal limit, however he had an as-yet undiagnosed medical condition which exaggerated the symptons (acted drunk, but really wasn't). Again, refused the FST, blah, blah, blah... case did not even make it to court before it was thrown out (before the medical condition was even used).

Now don't get me wrong, I am completely against people driving drunk (and when I say drunk, I mean drunk, not necessarily just because they are .081). I'm also very careful to not have more than a drink or two if I have to drive afterwards. My only point is that I don't think refusing a FST is quite as bad as described by Sarge. And as for the lawyer just wanting $$$, that wasn't the case because he provided his services for free because they were good friends.

Comment

Working...
        X