Hillz n Hollarz reopening?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillz n Hollarz reopening?!?

There's a post on NAXJA that the former HnH property has been sold and is reopening under new name and ownership...

Link and details to follow!

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost....39&postcount=9

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mud-M...48910518620973

Originally posted by Little Jeep
    I'll bring this very old and very dead thread back to life......

There is a new OHV Park opening in Henry County Kentucky.... in fact, it is the same land and trails that Hillz & Hollarz once operated. There is ZERO connection to the old H&H except the trails/land is the same. If you ever wheeled on this land, you know that the trails are awesome.

Here is a link to the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mud-M...48910518620973

There is also another new OHV Park called Horseshoe Bend, which is located in nearby Owen County. You could do one park one day, and the other park the next. Horseshoe Bend has a Facebook page as well.

BTW, I have no connection to either park, I am simply posting the fact that two new OHV Parks have opened in the same area. We don't hear of this happening too often.

Comment

Cool...I'm ready to go.

Nick
      Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
      Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I hit Hillz n Hollars back about 2008 and it was a lot of fun. It nice to have an option of good wheeling thats a little closer than Slade and Harlan. I will defiantly head there this year.

Comment

What does this mean????? We allow jeeps, buggies, etc. at all times when we are open and they MUST be hauled in.

So you can't drive one down?????

Comment

Really? I didn't see that at all...

Comment

Its the first bullet point in the description in the about me section.

Mud Madness Off-Road Park is open on weekends beginning one hour after sunrise on Saturday mornings and closing one hour prior to sunset Sunday. We allow jeeps, buggies, etc. at all times when we are open and they MUST be hauled in.
              Seems like a cool place to go, definitely gonna have to check it out.
              Project ZJ (Zombie Jeep)- 1995 Jeep ZJ undergoing axle swap, 4-link, and becoming a firewall buggy.

Comment

Yeah, I see it now. That's pretty dumb.

I tow, because I had to leave my junk on the side of the road exactly once, and now I know I'll at least get it home.

But a lot of the guys I wheel with drive theirs. If they're not welcome, I'm not interested...

Maybe a town stipulation to keep wild rigs off the street? I dunno...

Robert

Comment

From facebook:

Originally posted by Mud Madness
                  We are so sorry that it is haul in and haul out right now. That is the planning and zoning rules for Henry County, hopefully we can work something different out soon! thank you for your support, we appreciate it. Just keep checking in with us please, as things always change. thank you

Comment

Another reason why,I need to get a rig to tow...

Nick
                    Last edited by Coppertop; 05-11-2013, 04:13 PM.
                    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Hopefully they do change it like they want to. It doesnt affect me, but it does affect quite a few people i wheel with. Really want to check this place out.
                      Project ZJ (Zombie Jeep)- 1995 Jeep ZJ undergoing axle swap, 4-link, and becoming a firewall buggy.

Comment

I envision one truck, one trailer, and lots of loading and unloading on the road out in front of the park. Easy work around.
                        Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

"We are so sorry that it is haul in and haul out right now. That is the planning and zoning rules for Henry County, hopefully we can work something different out soon! thank you for your support, we appreciate it. Just keep checking in with us please, as things always change. thank you"

Off their Facebook page.

Comment

Hope they fix the zoning up. Guess they done want all the mud up and down the streets...
                            Last time I was there HNH the neighbor seem to be an issue also. did not want anyone crossing over on his land .. He stood down on the fence line with his shotgun... :confused:

I wonder if they built up the shack for food and bathrooms? i know they were working that building before they closed down...
                            Thanks,
                            67fastback

-------------
                            84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                            87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                            67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                            04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                            87 sami - "SPLAT"
                            87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                            88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                              I envision one truck, one trailer, and lots of loading and unloading on the road out in front of the park. Easy work around.
                              No thank you. At least five or ten minutes to load, and then to unload, and to drive back and forth, half hour per rig. You'd spend two hours trying to "sneak" four rigs in, and two more hours sneaking them back out.

To say nothing of the reaction if/when the zoning board caught on.

No, for now anyway, this park is for the quads and tube buggies. Shame, but that's that.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X