What are you up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you up to?

I figured I'd post up a thread showing what I am currently working on and If anyone else would like to show what they are working on as well. I know there are lots of projects happening to various rigs in the club all the time. Heck being somewhat new and getting acquainted with members I'm not even sure who has what rig and what you are getting into..
    So... Show us what you are welding on, wrenching on, cutting on, bolting on, or whatever else you are up to..

Here's what I am doing right now. 1999 TJ is getting an 8.8 Rear end and the IronRock offroad bracket kit.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	76949

Click image for larger version

Name:	117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	76950

I knew that.

Seriously, looks nice. I do love nice new parts...

Me, I just dug the old bushings out of my upper control arms. The fedex guy dropped off the new ones right after I left for work.

But first, that carrier bearing came in at AZ, so tomorrow I'll try to get that and the axleshaft in.

Still shooting for Saturday!

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

well after puking my front driveshaft in the blazer, replaced it only to find a bad wheel joint on it. So that is next on the list along with tieing up some loose ends on it. never torn a 60 apart, guess we will see what it is made off.
      beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I'm currenty installing a dual fuel setup from Gotpropane.com, should have it totally done by Friday evening. By the flip of a switch while wheeling I will be able to Run on propane or gasoline. Will post up pics later today.
        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
          I'm currenty installing a dual fuel setup from Gotpropane.com, should have it totally done by Friday evening. By the flip of a switch while wheeling I will be able to Run on propane or gasoline. Will post up pics later today.
          That sounds cool!!

Comment

I did get the bearing and axleshaft back in my 30, so the housing's not bent!

But the UCA's are apparently some off-brand or homebrew that won't take a standard size bushing. So now I'm on the hunt for a stock set to use the bushings I just bought.

Ain't nothin easy...

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
              I did get the bearing and axleshaft back in my 30, so the housing's not bent!

But the UCA's are apparently some off-brand or homebrew that won't take a standard size bushing. So now I'm on the hunt for a stock set to use the bushings I just bought.

Ain't nothin easy...
              that sucks. all I have is a brand new set of rear tj uppers and the Cherokee im lifting at the shop right now is only getting the front lowers replaced or I could hook you up.:(
              One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Thanks, but worst case autozone has em in stock, $45ea...

Comment

Replacing the engine in the buggy. Found a 4" long crack in the lifter valley. The 406 is going to be parted out and a much healthier 383 is going in its place. Just going to set me back another month and a few bills.
                  Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                    Replacing the engine in the buggy. Found a 4" long crack in the lifter valley. The 406 is going to be parted out and a much healthier 383 is going in its place. Just going to set me back another month and a few bills.
                    Damn, that sucks...

Ever get your steering sorted out?

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                      That's bad news and good news all at the same time.

Comment

Been working on a new buggy. Its been 1 step forward and 6 back the entire time. this picture is older and the split "Y'' thing has been redone and so have the two tubes around the sides of the radiator. Not sure I'll have enough power to call it a bouncer, but it has rockwells, 44s and A LOT of tube

Comment

Was able to work on it this morning and got it running on either fuel, have a few loose ends to finish up on but will have it ready for a run out to Haspin on Saturday. I'm sure I may have to make a few adjustments but I'm sure it will work out.
                          Attached Files
                          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                            Was able to work on it this morning and got it running on either fuel, have a few loose ends to finish up on but will have it ready for a run out to Haspin on Saturday. I'm sure I may have to make a few adjustments but I'm sure it will work out.
                            No more stalling.

Comment

Working...
                            X