tcase swap
    short arms
    custom front and rear bumpers with swing out
    44 axle swap
    sliders
    bushwacker flares
    custom roof rack

booger is a adventure rig being built on budget
    i got her for 2 grand and 125xxx in 5 years she had only 5 k put on her so ive had alot of maintenance issues from sitting. that said im only $3300 into budget and that including purchase price so im extreamly satisfied. so far the best budget built toy ive done
    Attached Files

Nice! I'm a sucker for cheap rigs.

Bolt on a set of 31s and run it!

Robert

Edit: Why the tcase swap? I thought the ZJ's got the same options the XJ's did, 231 and 242, neither of which is bad...
    Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 10-13-2013, 11:11 PM.
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

They also got 249s which are crap which I lucked out on and have lol

Comment

Huh, I did not know that...

Comment

I don't think the 231 was a option for 95 zj only 249 and 242 the only difference in 231 and 242 is the 242 had awd option were as 231 didn't and 249 is only awd

Comment

Originally posted by the gimp View Post
            I don't think the 231 was a option for 95 zj only 249 and 242 the only difference in 231 and 242 is the 242 had awd option were as 231 didn't and 249 is only awd
            the 249 isnt good, like you said. the 242 is a good case, but they dont make a Slip Yoke Eliminator for it, unless you do the hack n tap method. the 231 is the only one that has a SYE that can be bought and installed, making it the best choice.

Congrats on the Jeep. love the Grand Cherokee, especially just a simple and cheap rig.
            Project ZJ (Zombie Jeep)- 1995 Jeep ZJ undergoing axle swap, 4-link, and becoming a firewall buggy.

Comment

Be care full when buying the 231 because 95 was the cut off where they changed the pitch of the gears on the input and planetary. I am doing the same swap into my zj and was told that if you do get a case that is different you can use the input of your 249 in the 231. If the planetary is different just means you have to go a little deeper into the cases. Ill be swapping mine out soon i have the 231 already just need to pull out the 249. Ill let you know if i run into any problems that may help you out. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Comment

That would be sweet thanks

Comment

Set of 33s on craigslist:
                  http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/4138879642.html

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                    thanks for keeping eye out for me right now short on cash, my ma being in the hospital and her meds nickled and dimed me to death....3 week in the hospital and me driving and eating out all the time ate my savings and bank account away lol
                    but im still keeping my eye out when i get the cash. but i might be holding off on tires till next sept....i want to finish my suspention and everything else so i know for sure what im doing for tires

good news im getting factory tow hooks and brackets and my ac compressor for $50 and i got my 242 tcase with front and rear shafts for $125 out of a 96 zj so it should go right up there with out me putting effort into finding right shafts...be a few months till i pick up the tcase but i know the guy and he is holding it.

Comment

Your call, but if you've already got the budget boost on it, I'd think you'd get a whole lot more bang for the buck with tires than redoing the lift...

Robert

Comment

well im not set in stone on my desision so im got both options staying open that was a senerio i came up with yesterday when i was bored lol but tires are pretty important

Comment

I got my swap finished today. I was able to use my input shaft from the 249 with the planetary that was already in the 231. It was a 6 planetary so bonus. Wasn't to bad to do. Took about 3 hours but we had problems splitting the 249

Comment

Working...
                          X