introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

Hello all, name is Jonathan I'm a 28 year old man child that hasn't out grown his toys. I'm a low Tech hillbilly so even though I have been a long time jeep and all things offroad enthusiast. I am fairly new to the online forums but I am sure I have met a few of you over the years on the street and trail. I am always running into someone with member sticker so decided to check it out finally since my jeep clan is dwindling as well as the territory I wheel. I am pretty handy with a wrench in my hand and always finding a way to break something to need to have a wrench in my hand lol.

My current project is a new one I just picked up. a lot of the trails around here are sami trails and (or) aren't maintained, I decided to build something modest this time around. I wanted something fairly lite weight, and extremely basic. I found a perfect little 1994 wrangler s with the 2.5l ax5 and a factory manual steering rack. Jeep was in good shape considering how bad rust is on the yj models. Have some repair to do by the rear shackles which is common and I just replaced the driver floor pan the previous owner did a poor job doing. Other than that solid. Plan to do the 2.5 rock ready lift with teraflex revolver shackles and a 1 inch body and belly tuck. Maybe ditch the 35 and lock everything up and call it a day. Goal being spending less as possible on something I'm going to beat without sacrificing agility and reliability.

However I am little ways away from that. Have to finish with the repairs first. Jeep was neglected before I got it but I don't have a lot in it either. Had it a month and already just to get it road worthy. I had to do a full tune up, fixed the stupid yj wiper linkage, valve cover, floor pan, replaced all the break components and new 31x10.50 nexen m/t. After I repair the frame in the rear it's time to start painting on this empty canvas.

Hope to see you all on the trails this summer! Here are a few pictures of it so far
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dirty olé red; 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM.

Welcome, and nice shop!

Sounds like you and your build will fit right in. Look forward to seeing you on the trails, but in the meantime, you're welcome to stop by our club meeting next Monday, up at Old Spaghetti...

Keep those wrenches turning!

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Comment

Welcome! You will find some good knowledgeable people here.
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
          Welcome! You will find some good knowledgeable people here.
          ...and some complete fools! The fun part is deciding which are which!
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
            ...and some complete fools! The fun part is deciding which are which!
            I know which group I am in!
            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Why do I have to be a complete fool? Can't I be half a fool??

And welcome..

Comment

Working...
              X