Kind-of off topic but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind-of off topic but...

I had to cancel my check card because I believe I caught my waitress taking a picture of it with her cell phone.

I travel for work and this was at a restaurant in Somerset, Ky.

Anybody ever experienced anything like that?

That's crazy! Never heard of it before.
    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

There was a waitress awhile back that got fired for using customer card numbers. I don't know if she was taking pictures or not, but that was a safe move on your part.

Comment

Yes this has been starting to happen a lot in different areas, its very easy to get away with, they don't use the card themselves but give info to someone that they know so they can order certain items to be shipped so that they can sell and get the money. Cash is starting to be the best way to go.
        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

I had my card # stole in a KC Kansas restaurant by a manager/waiter team that photoed and sold over 35 numbers in one night.

I also had a girl at Texas Roadhouse in Western hills attempt to double charge all the credit card paying people from a large group. She took all the cash paying customers and pocketed the money and then added there portion of the bill to the people paying with cards. This is a old time trick that dirtbags have been using for years with big parties. She denied it when I caught her ..a week later she was on the news after she got busted buy undercover cops doing it ..she had made several thousand dollars over a couple years doing this.

Comment

Luckily, the only times I've ever had credit card fraud happen the card company knew about it before I did. They didn't even apply the charges to my statement. They did shut the card down without telling me....I had to call them to figure out why it wasn't working and then they filled me in on what was going on. I alway's call them when I'm travelling long distance so there are no issues when I try to use my cards.
            91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

I've had my card # ripped off online a lot. This is why you never use a debit card.

Comment

Working...
              X