Dirty Turtle closing 2-23-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Turtle closing 2-23-14

Just seen on Facebook that DTOR is closing it's doors as well.
    JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
    87 Toyota Truggy

Just saw that myself. Man that blows...

Haspin's the only place within 150 miles left.
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

i saw that too, awesome park. Hopefully somebody will buy it out since there were always top shelf events there

Comment

bummer.. was a great place to wheel.
        just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

For those that don't have facebook here is the message from Joe the owner of DTOR

Breaking News…….It’s hard to believe that nearly 4 years ago I opened The Dirty Turtle Offroad Park. I opened DTOR as I had a deep passion for offroading and enjoying that passion with others alike. I can’t tell you how awesome it is to see families enjoying our trail system and creating lasting memories. Who would have thought a tiny 270 acre park in Bedford, KY would play hosts to some of the biggest names in the sport? Even harder to imagine this park would end up on multiple TV shows, magazines and offroad segments alike. As I approach DTOR’s 4th Birthday I find that my passion for the sport is not what it was in the past. I didn’t start DTOR as an income stream or a way to make a living, but to fuel my passion for the sport. I’ve found recently the only reason I have kept DTOR is because it makes money and is now a vital established business. I have put a lot of things on hold with my other ventures to give DTOR and its supporters what it needed. The time has come for me to hand over the shell to someone(s) who shares in the same passion as I once had.
          As much as I wanted to celebrate one last Birthday Bash with everyone, I am going to close the park under my realm after this weekend. (2/23).
          ALL EVENTS FOR THE YEAR ARE CANCELLED AND ALL TRAIL RIDING IS CLOSED AFTER 2/23.
          If you are interested in purchasing the Dirty Turtle Offroad, LLC and the property it operated on, please contact our office at 502.525.5226.
          I personally appreciate all the support all of you have shown. I’ve learned a great deal from the offroad world.

The Turtle has left his shell.
          Joe
          JT Jones

83 Toyota - beater
          87 Toyota Truggy

Comment

Well that sucks.

Comment

I think Horseshoe bend is still open

Comment

Originally posted by timido View Post
                I think Horseshoe bend is still open
                I had seen that they are currently closed as well, but i think it may just be for the winter.
                beat up rusted out k5

Comment

What a shame.Hate to see another local park go.

Nick
                  Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                  Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

well you could buy it for a nice low price of 750k..and get all the fame for free!
                    Thanks,
                    67fastback

-------------
                    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                    87 sami - "SPLAT"
                    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Well boys, its not dead yet. Its a well established well know park. Not really usable for anything else. Its for sale, not closed forever. Maybe some shop or corporation or even the county will buy it.... fingers crossed
                      If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Just doesn't sound like a viable reason to close the park. "I've lost my passion". Wth kind of gayness is that... Its a ploy to sell the park quickly.. He's been selling out for the last two years and now he figures someone will jump at the opportunity to buy the "well established" park rather than see it sit idle.

Comment

Its a big money maker for big events and local talent. Hopefully someone will see the potential
                          If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Supposed to have been bought and reopening in few weeks.
                            It Is What It Is

Comment

Originally posted by hardtrailz View Post
                              Supposed to have been bought and reopening in few weeks.
                              rumor or any actual info on this?
                              beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Working...
                              X