Cincinnati bell energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati bell energy

I switched to Cin bell energy last year and saved a little verses Duke. That is till about 3 months ago. When it got real cold, my bill went up pretty high. I figured it was the higher usage, and it was a little. After I got my last bill, I looked at what Bell was charging me to generate my electric, it was almost .10 a kWh. Almost .05 more than Duke was charging. They jacked my rate up and cost me over $600 in the past 4 months. They suck!!! I'm done with Cincinnati Bell. They will rape you any chance they get. End rant.

Put me in the .... Cincinnati Bell sucks... category. My ***** is about their shady and unethical phone scams.

I had a three smart phone unlimited data plan that they decided to cancel a month into my next 2 year contract period because it wasn't as profitable as they wanted. They substituted my plan with a 3 phone / 4 gig plan and called it "comparable" and never notified me of the change. I only noticed it when I got a bill with $60 in overage charges for using too much data. Shady!

They've also tried multiple times at sneaking in voice to text upgrades with no permission or request just hoping we would miss the bill hike. They've also snaked in unlimited long distance plan fees on both home and cell phones ...even though we have free long distance with our bundle already.

There customer service people are liars..all the way to the top. Every time I catch them in crooked tactics they act surprised and very eager to fix a honest mistake

If you deal with Cincinnati Bell keep an eye on them.

Comment

I work in utilities and have yet to figure out these "pick your provider" deals. Supposedly you are able to chose your electric and or natural gas provider for a better rate. The service lines and mains are still owened by Duke so how can it be cheaper? Maybe they simply give you a "good deal" for a certain period then jack your rates up hoping you won't notice???
      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I have wondered the same thing with DP&L wanting us to change. There have been people roaming the neighborhood wanting to see my bill so they can compare their plan. I'm not showing anyone my bills so they don't stay long and I don't need a free OSU shirt if I sign up.

Comment

Duke still delivers the electric, but Cin Bell generates it. Your Duke bills are split like that.

Cincinnati Bell is scandalous. They add stuff to your bills hoping you won't catch it. At work, our business line was in a 12 month contract, and had expired. We decided to cancel and get a magic jack internet phone to save money. We had our number transferred to the Magic Jack and called Cin bell to cancel service. They said we were still in a contract and that we would have to pay for the remainder of it. We get paperless billing, and hidden in the bill under a part you wouldn't just look at was the notice that they were automatically renewing the contract. That cost $800. I am always calling them to straighten out our cell bills. I could go on and on about their shady practices. Our cell contract is up in May, and we're going to Verizon. The bell can kiss my ass.

Comment

I'm bumping this to the top to keep people forewarned!

In the last month or so CinBell wireless has announced they're waving all charges and "giving" all loyal customers unlimited cell phone plans at no additional cost, yep I was skeptical too. Well got the bill today and guess what...it was $45 higher than the month before! A quick call to CinBell and what do ya know ..they charged us data upgrade fees and a new cell upkeep charge per line.

Are you f***ing kidding me! They're going out of business in February and the shady crap is still going on. The help line people have a prepared apology and take all the extra charges off with no resistance.

Just a PSA for all the dummies like me who haven't bailed on CinBell .

Comment

My dad had cin bell for years...never had issues with them....but hes had them for home phone, internet, cell for over ten years id say. But he reluctantly had to switch to Verizon for cell.

Now me on the other hand I have their internet service. It sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
                My dad had cin bell for years...never had issues with them....but hes had them for home phone, internet, cell for over ten years id say. But he reluctantly had to switch to Verizon for cell.

Now me on the other hand I have their internet service. It sucks...
                CinBell wireless will be providing cell service till mid-February so I'm keeping it for a little while. I've never had one problem with the cell coverage or how well it performs...just crooked ass business practices in the last year or two. When they started the final steps to sell the wireless business they lost interest in keeping a good name in the cell market since there days where numbered. They've prayed on people who don't read and dissect there statements.

Comment

He went ahead and switched because his phone was three or more years old and wasnt working properly.

Comment

It's amazing how they just add stuff to your bill for no reason. We dumped them at work in July, and we're still getting bills for unknown stuff. They are crooked for sure. We did keep the fiber optics internet at work because we get a good deal since we give them business from the tenants. Fiber internet is killer fast. Company still sucks though.

Comment

Working...
                    X