went wheeling today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to help out but!
    It must be a jeep thing, I dont understand.

Comment

Just light wheeling slight hills and mud holes. its an 06, I dont know if i made it sound confusing or not but its just the studs for my wheel they move back and forth like a 1/16
      06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
      4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
      33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

Comment

tighten the lug nuts? If the wheel bearings are smoked and it is an 06 you must be harder than what the 30 front can stand.
        sigpic

Comment

its not the actual lug nuts its the studs when the wheel is off. that are moving. This pic is not mine got it off google but just showing an example. The red is on the wheel stud when i grab the stud i can move it like 1/16 back and forth in the hole that it comes through in the rotor. Not sure if that clears things up or not. If not i give up
          Attached Files
          06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

Tighten the hell out of the lug nuts with an impact but not too tight and cross your fingers!
            sigpic

Comment

So thats all the problem was? I dont understand
              06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

Is this covered under the warranty or did I void it?
                06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

The actual stud is not moving its all moving together like the rotor is not seated all the way on the studs
                  06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

Bearings! Usually they last 100k.
                    sigpic

Comment

The studs should be "pressed" into the unit bearing on the axle.
                      If you are able to move them at all "seperately" from each other then they should be replaced. You might also be looking at getting a new rim because they may have damaged it when they were loose.

If the studs "all move together" when you wiggle one then you are probably looking at a new hub/unit bearing.

Another test you can do is to jack the tire off the ground (with it bolted on) and try to move the tire with your hand. If it moves when you apply pressure at 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock then your bearing is toast. At 3 & 6 only then it may be tie rod end.

Comment

Another test you can do is to jack the tire off the ground (with it bolted on) and try to move the tire with your hand. If it moves when you apply pressure at 12 o'clock & 6 o'clock then your bearing is toast. At 3 & 6 only then it may be tie rod end.

Tryed this and nothing happend so im thinking i just freaked when i saw this.

Here is what someone else said on another thread...The rotor can move if it's not fused (like with rust) to the hub/bearing.

When they're new, and the brake calipers are removed, they slip on and off. With the calipers attached, you can wiggle them if the rust hasn't bonded them to the hub.
                        06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyours View Post

Tryed this and nothing happend so im thinking i just freaked when i saw this.

Here is what someone else said on another thread...The rotor can move if it's not fused (like with rust) to the hub/bearing.

When they're new, and the brake calipers are removed, they slip on and off. With the calipers attached, you can wiggle them if the rust hasn't bonded them to the hub.
                          So are you saying you are just wiggling the rotor - not the hub bolts???
                          All rotors wiggle, the lugnuts hold them in place...

Comment

WOW.:confused:
                            sigpic

Comment

Whats that for lol....wouldnt something make noise if a bearing was bad?
                              06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

hahah lets try this again. the Red arrows "wheel studs" and the part that they are pressed in move or spin when the tire rotates correct? The rotor with the Blue arrows goes over the studs. The Studs are just moving at little back and forth in the rotor holes.
                                Attached Files
                                06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X