tire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire ?

How are Irok Bias on the road? the cost difference between bias and radial is huge.

Anything bias won't last long on the road especially at highway speeds. If you drive even just 50% on the road then the extra cost of radials is well worth it. To put it in perspective one set of radials will last as long as two sets of bias ply ran on the road.

So to go a little farther, iroks are known for soft sidewalls bias or radial. Pitbull makes a much better tire for close to the same cost which is why I chose them.

Comment

I just ordered some pitbull rockers radials.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeystrong View Post
        I just ordered some pitbull rockers radials.
        Oh, so jealous...

Keeping the Krawlers for wheeling?
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          Oh, so jealous...

Keeping the Krawlers for wheeling?
          Not sure. I know I'm keeping one as a spare. They have all been vulcanized and one is running a tube so I think spares is really all they are good for.

Comment

they are a good tire... i kinda liked the radials a little more than i do the bias i have now...

what size?

sigpic
            chris hodges
            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
              they are a good tire... i kinda liked the radials a little more than i do the bias i have now...

what size?

35x12.5r15

Comment

Originally posted by monkeystrong View Post
                Not sure. I know I'm keeping one as a spare. They have all been vulcanized and one is running a tube so I think spares is really all they are good for.
                You had sidewall cuts in all four?!? I thought the Krawlers were tougher than that.

I'd still keep em to wheel on if I were you. They had decent tread, I thought, and it's REALLY nice have a set of tires you can use hard, and patch again if you have to.

You won't get much out of selling three anyway. Especially when compared to the cost of replacing one trail-split Pitbull...

Robert
                DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Working...
                X