Gooseneck flatbed trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooseneck flatbed trailer

I will eventually be looking for a trailer. I would like something in the 25-30 foot range so I can tow a friend also. What should I expect to pay for something like this?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/4566699956.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/grd/4544197146.html
    sigpic
    chris hodges
    96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
    71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

3 to 5 grand (used)depending on condition. I have a 24 ft goose neck. just barely long enough to tow two. I have put a jeep on the front and a full sized rig on the back.

My father in law is thinking of selling his 30 ft goose neck. Interested?
      1976 CJ 5
      1984 CJ 7
      1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

Originally posted by tbshakie View Post
        3 to 5 grand (used)depending on condition. I have a 24 ft goose neck. just barely long enough to tow two. I have put a jeep on the front and a full sized rig on the back.

My father in law is thinking of selling his 30 ft goose neck. Interested?
        Interested but I don't have the cash right now

Comment

My 24 ft deck over goose neck weighs 4,940 lbs. Has 2-7,000 axles, and can hold 12,000 lbs. So fully loaded the whole combo can weigh just under 17,000 lbs.

The 30 ft deck-over goose neck weights 5,600 lbs. Its is set up for 3 axles, but currently has 2. With three axles, it should be good for 19K pounds on the trailer.

I borrow an F450 when I tow this much weight.
          1976 CJ 5
          1984 CJ 7
          1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

Originally posted by tbshakie View Post
            My 24 ft deck over goose neck weighs 4,940 lbs. Has 2-7,000 axles, and can hold 12,000 lbs. So fully loaded the whole combo can weigh just under 17,000 lbs...
            So the other 3k is tongue weight? I never realized they put that much load onto the tow rig...

Learn something every day.
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

pretty sure you need CDL over 10K trailer these days I guess it depends on your tow veh GVW

"Any combination of vehicles with a combined gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle or vehicles being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds;"
              Last edited by timido; 08-23-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

You don't need a CDL for your own personal property regardless of the weight or combination. Once you start making money (your own buisness) or hauling for a company then you must acquire a CDL. You can buy a full tractor trailer and load up to 80,000 pounds and drive it around all day as a daily driver if you choose too.
                No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                  So the other 3k is tongue weight? I never realized they put that much load onto the tow rig...

Learn something every day.
                  They tow so much nicer though. It's almost too easy to pull one. You feel the weight of the trailer but you don't feel it on the truck if that makes sense

It was an idea. Not something that will definitely happen. I do know the previous owner pulled 15-20k regularly. My 80 weighs around 6k empty. When I'm ready I may just go with a 20 foot and be done with it
                  Last edited by itbrokeagain; 08-25-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I have a F550 4x4 RV and a 30' deck over tongue trailer. CGCW with 2 built jeeps is roughly 31k lbs.

I will sell it all! come lets make a deal! :) :) :)
                    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmanjeff View Post
                      I have a F550 4x4 RV and a 30' deck over tongue trailer. CGCW with 2 built jeeps is roughly 31k lbs.

I will sell it all! come lets make a deal! :) :) :)
                      I bet you wouldn't trade for the deed to my house...

(Really nice setup, man...)
                      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

25 is absolute Minimum to tow two rigs. We put two on a 25' and it is very tight, as in bumper to bumper tight on it. 28' is much better, as we commonly tow Two rigs in an enclosed 28' trailer and they fit much better in there. One day i want a 30' deck over though. Check weights on trailers as said before, two 7k axles won't get you real far so i suggest either a tri-axle or dual tandems for a 20k+ trailer rating.

when i was looking, one could be had for 6k new for a bare bones trailer, used from 3k up depending on condition.
                        beat up rusted out k5

Comment

only problem with dual tandems (9,000 lb axles) is that the trailers are usually that much heavier (weight wise). instead of a 5,000 lb trailer, its now 7,000 lbs. and you need a bigger truck. you will be fine with 2-7,000 lb axles pulling 2 jeeps. go duals for 2-fullsized rigs. 24 ft in bare minimum for 2 jeeps (I have to take the spare tire off the first one, bumper about 2 inches away from each other, about 1 ft of trailer length left.) its tight, but it works.
                          1976 CJ 5
                          1984 CJ 7
                          1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

two light rigs can get away with on two 7k axles, but when dealing with much other than jeeps or yota's you need either the duals or a third axle. You can quickly overload a 14k trailer when you think of how much the trailer itself weighs.
                            beat up rusted out k5

Comment

Originally posted by underpowered View Post
                              two light rigs can get away with on two 7k axles, but when dealing with much other than jeeps or yota's you need either the duals or a third axle. You can quickly overload a 14k trailer when you think of how much the trailer itself weighs.
                              not all Yotas are lite...
                              sigpic
                              chris hodges
                              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                              71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
                              X