Haspin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haspin Question

Does anyone know if they allow SXS's on the track or is it strictly for dirt bikes? I don't recall ever seeing any on there before.

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
    Does anyone know if they allow SXS's on the track or is it strictly for dirt bikes? I don't recall ever seeing any on there before.
    I'm goin this Sat. I'll ask.

Comment

I went ahead and called them. They are allowed, no trucks or buggies.
      They show drag races on Saturday. Wonder if that means they will more crowded than usual. I might go, not sure yet. Mind if I tag along with ya if I do?

Comment

SXS's on the track
        Hooked now, ain't ya?
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
          Hooked now, ain't ya?
          Naa... Maybe a little

Comment

I went ahead and called them. They are allowed, no trucks or buggies.
            They show drag races on Saturday. Wonder if that means they will more crowded than usual. I might go, not sure yet. Mind if I tag along with ya if I do?
            I'm going down with a mixed up group getting together for a family friendly bachelor part ride. Everybody else but my kids and I are staying overnight so I'm thinking we might get there early.

You're more than welcome to ride with us but most of the guys in this group have little to no off-roading experience so It's gonna be more of a cluster@&$# than a wheeling trip. It's also a mix of junker K5's , quads , a couple SxSs and who knows what else showing up.

I'll PM my cell number and if you end up coming out and want to get hooked up we can meet.

Jeff

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Turns out they built a small track at Haspin just for SxS races, they have planes to hold a couple events per year.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                  Turns out they built a small track at Haspin just for SxS races, they have planes to hold a couple events per year.
                  Cool, did you try it out?

Comment

Cool, did you try it out?
                    They actually had the inaugural UTV race today and I had to leave last night. I did maybe ten laps with a XP1 and a couple 800S's and we had fun but it started getting a little heated so we called it quits before damage ensued. The track is pretty small and four rigs filled it up pretty good so real racing is gonna generate damage and hot tempers.

To give you an idea of size the track takes up about 75% of the very back field.

Comment

Sounds promising. So is it smaller that DTOR's track? Better or worse?

Comment

Sounds promising. So is it smaller that DTOR's track? Better or worse?
                        It's been over 2 years since I've seen DTOR's track but from what I remember it's much longer than the course at Haspin which could fit on a football field. I didn't think much of the circuit at DTOR ..just seemed like a dirt path in the weeds but it could have changed in the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                          It's been over 2 years since I've seen DTOR's track but from what I remember it's much longer than the course at Haspin which could fit on a football field. I didn't think much of the circuit at DTOR ..just seemed like a dirt path in the weeds but it could have changed in the last couple years.
                          they cut all the grass down on the dtor track and it is 25 foot wide and really long and fun to ride on...
                          Thanks,
                          67fastback

-------------
                          84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                          87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                          67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                          04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                          87 sami - "SPLAT"
                          87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                          88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

I remember bunch us raced samurais around track at 1:00am at haspin one nite it was most fun we had there
                            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

The wife and I are going to Haspin Saturday with the Rzr. Heading to the track first thing to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X