Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 TJ Rubicon knocked off 19K off asking price

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4761877634.html

Asking $70,000 but will entertain your best off!!!!

Stock gears, open diffs?

I see ads like this, and I have to think the wife is nagging him to sell it. "I dunno, babe, I've got it listed. Just not getting many calls..."
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I see adds like this and think, holy **** I need to make jeep parts to sell to these idiots!

Comment

i didnt know "Its a manual 6-speed Allison transmission."
        01 TJ

Comment

Probably runs on pixie dust to!

Comment

I think he's been snorting pixie dust.

Comment

Blue Book value only comes out to $23,000 for a stock '06 Rubicon with that mileage. Hmmmm, pretty sure you could do all of those "mods" and stay well under the $51k asking price But hey, it does have the ultra rare and expensive custom billet shifter knobs (which ironically are not in the pictures) and a dome light toggle switch.

Wonder if it's even a true Rubicon. If he bothers to list the custom glove box limiting straps you would think he would talk about the front and rear lockers also.

Comment

Haahah.

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                  Stock gears, open diffs?

I see ads like this, and I have to think the wife is nagging him to sell it. "I dunno, babe, I've got it listed. Just not getting many calls..."
                  This...
                  Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                    Blue Book value only comes out to $23,000 for a stock '06 Rubicon with that mileage. Hmmmm, pretty sure you could do all of those "mods" and stay well under the $51k asking price But hey, it does have the ultra rare and expensive custom billet shifter knobs (which ironically are not in the pictures) and a dome light toggle switch.

Wonder if it's even a true Rubicon. If he bothers to list the custom glove box limiting straps you would think he would talk about the front and rear lockers also.
                    Amazingly it is still for Sale!!!! but the asking price is no...$51,000. You must have a follower, BlazerBrad. Still over-priced. Just because he invested it doesn't mean it raise the value an equal amount as anyone in a Motorsport hobby knows. And the JK went to the van 3.8, not the truck 3.7. I wonder how he found that Allison tranny to match the bolt pattern? Maybe this guy got taken buying this pile and is now just throwing out buzzwords to try to cut his loses?

Comment

From the Ad:

Front and Back Warn Rock Crawler Bumpers. Full Warn 5th tire swing away spare tire carrier. $302/$860 = $1162
                      6" long arm SkyJacker lift. $2050
                      Black American Racing Rims with Camo simulated bead locks. Cant find these rims. U.S. Wheel that look like them = $149ea x 5 = 725
                      35" Nitto Mud Grappler tires. $317x5 = $1585
                      Tuffy Lock Box behind the back seat.$128
                      5000 lb tensile strength cargo netting around the back. (Raingler Brand) $99
                      New Mopar Soft Top with tinted windows NOTHING.NORMAL WEAR REPLACEMENT
                      Magnaflow Cat-Back $275 but is probably normal wear on 9yr old TJ
                      AirRaid Cold Air Intake with a Poweraid throttle body spacer $235/$90=$325
                      PIAA horn system Really? Bite me
                      Custom Billet Aluminum Racing Pedals $50
                      Quadratech Tread Lightly All-Weather Rubber mats front and back. $60
                      Custom Billet Aluminum shifter knob $20
                      Quadratech Tread Lightly Grab Handles $14
                      Sony Stereo System with top of the line sound bar. Gawd only knows what this joker calls "top of the line" and who cares anyway?
                      Custom Side Steps for entering vehicle. $57 for those JCW
                      Edge guards on side doors and rear tailgate $12
                      Dome light toggle switch - great for taking the doors off $5
                      Front and Back D-Rings and tow package. "Tow Package" is a receiver in the rear bumper. rear shackle insert $28/2 D rings to go in existing hangers $22 = $50
                      Hella Fog Lights These look like the $40 cheapies if they are Hella
                      Delta Quad Bar Xenon Head Lights $150
                      Black translucent paint on all side markers, turn signals and tail lights. $6 but should be - $20 for looking like crap
                      Blue Tooth enables microphone Mine was $20 from Ebay
                      Water Resistant car cover $99
                      Rock Guard skid plates Who knows which ones? Say $250
                      6" Bushwacker Fender Flares $502
                      Custom door and glove box limiting straps Really? He lists these and not which skids he has? $9
                      Terry cloth Front Seat Covers (MOPAR) for days at the pool.$60

Grand total of the listed mods? Drum roll please: $7,753. Plus stereo, of course, which was apparently about $23,000. Brave move in a soft top jeep. Even the spare shows wear. if those tires have 10K miles on them I would avoid buying Nitto's. I gave him new price credit but they look to have been bought used or taken off of another vehicle. That would deduct about $700 from the value IMHO

So...IF every dollar that you put into jeep accessories is returned to you and using the $23,000 figure This Jeep is worth at most $30,753. Yeah, I would take $70k ( or now $51k) for it, too.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4761877634.html
                      Last edited by Incommando; 12-05-2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

You can bet 1 thing for sure, no service has contacted him to try to help em sell it after they seen what he is asking for it.
                        No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                          He probably doesn't even own a wrench and has $20k in shop labor receipts.
                          This

Comment

Working...
                          X