AMC - Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC - Help Please!

Anyone have a Distributor and Ignition control module for a V-8 I could borrow? I am installing a new motor and I am having difficulty getting it to run. I turned in my Distributor for a new one because of the gear being bad...I think it is bad now...need some parts to test with.
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Did you replace the cam gear also? The cam gear and the distributor gear need to be replaced as a set so they mesh correctly if not you will continue to eat gears. Pull your distributor again and look at the gear it is probably chewed up. I would not suggest borrowing parts for this if the gears do not mesh correctly you will eat up the gear on the borrowed distributor.

Comment

Dumb question but I have to ask. The guy I sold my last jeep to replaced the gears and put the distributor gear on upside down. So it would engage the teeth as putting it in but once seated it wouldn't touch the cam gear. I went thru 2 gears in my 304 also. Good luck. I got rid of all my old Cj parts or you could of had them.

Comment

J lynch do you remember the write up on t-ing off the oil sending unit line and tapping the housing to squirt the gears with oil?

Comment

This is a reman new engine and a new Distributor. I actually have found the problem...3 cylinders with 0 compression...engine going back next week!
          sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
          X