Badlands winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badlands winch

Any thoughts on the 12k model? I'm thinking about getting one for my Dodge. It will most likely have minimal use.

All of the China brands seem to be decent but they usually fail when you need them most.

If it's a truck that will not need it much it should serve it's purpose fine.

I usually run the cheap winches on car trailers and vehicles I won't need to rely on it to keep me from going over a mountain.

sent on tapatalk
    www.offroadohio.com
    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

I have one mounted on a hitch receiver plate. It gets used on my trailers mostly but gets used for everything else also. First one died about a week after I bought it but the replacement has been going strong for about 3 yrs. It has been used and abused. Still not sure I would rely on it to get me out of the woods though. Used it once to pull out my f350 crew cab and it gave the winch a good workout.
      85 toyota ex cab a few goodies

Comment

A buddy of mine bought one and it would not winch out when he got it. He took the pendant apart and found one of the wires was not soldered to the switch. He soldered it together and now it works fine but he has only used it once or twice.

Comment

I bought one that i havent installed yet. gonna be used very little (hopefully). If you catch it on sale, and dont plan to use it a daily/weekly or whatever, the $300 for the sale price is worth it.
          Project ZJ (Zombie Jeep)- 1995 Jeep ZJ undergoing axle swap, 4-link, and becoming a firewall buggy.

Comment

I got an ENGO 9,000 # winch with an optional waterproof cover for $305 for both including shipping. They get decent reviews. It was at my door in 2 business days

http://bumpersuperstore.com/i-114522...-9k-winch.html

Comment

Thanks fellas. All helpful info.The 300 $ price is just hard to beat.
              I'll get the hitch mount and use it front and rear. My ranch hand front bumper has a 2 inch reciever.
              I had my slide in camper loaded up and slid off a forest road in the Monongahela forest WV with just a high lift jack and we couldn't get er out.

Comment

My 12k badland on my Toyota has more than. Paid for itself. It has not let me down and it pulls hard. It has been underwater several times and it still works just fine.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X