New toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy

I wanted a 1000 but got a good deal on a left over 2014 900 xp stealth black.
    Picked it up wed. And have been playing around in the snow a little bit. After last night It has 15 miles on it.
    I been wanting One of these for years and came across a good deal on one so I broke down and bought it:) I was surprised how good it climbs in the snow.
    Attached Files

Another
    Attached Files

Comment

I bought new toy also, I been having blast shooting up hills in snow!
      Attached Files
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I'm happy with my 900. They are a blast. I have incriminating 360's up and down my street, and in my driveway.

Comment

Good job getting a leftover '14 and not getting stuck with a '15 900S, why anybody would want the S model is beyond me.

Other than the stronger front diff. the new 900S seems like a step back for Polaris...less HP and a inferior suspension doesn't add up to a big seller.

Comment

ok, you peaked my interest. What's the difference with the new Model?
            1976 CJ 5
            1984 CJ 7
            1993 K3500 GMC 6.5 TD

Comment

Originally posted by tbshakie View Post
              ok, you peaked my interest. What's the difference with the new Model?
              The '15 is narrower than the '14 but not narrow enough to ride at any of the width restricted public lands.

It has the same engine but it's been detuned by 13hp ..from 88hp to 75hp. It also has the same crappy double A-arm rear suspension that the old 800 and 800S had that made them wallow around whenever you tried to go fast.

They do have the front diff. out of the XPK1 which is supposedly damn stout..I've beat on my XP9 and not broke the front diff. in it which is rumored to be a weak link.

Comment

I think the trailing arm suspension is crappy of the two setups as far as being durable. them lateral bars bend way to eazy fir that kind money! i leave this here

http://youtu.be/5GcpExr8DqY
                Last edited by twiztedzuki; 02-22-2015, 06:28 PM.
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I don't care what that CanAm promotional video says , I'd still rather have the XPK1.

A-arm rear suspensions are for utility quads , every fast offroad vehicle nowadays runs trailing arms.

Comment

Where did you pick your leftover up from? They have anymore? The new 900 S takes the place of the 800 and the 1k takes the place of the 900 XP so not taking a step back 2 totally different platforms. Im on the fence as far as the trailing arms go ive seen too many bend and cause issue but the clearance is nice. I don't think the handling is that much better on the 900xp compared to the S as much as the power difference lets you whip it around more.

Comment

Working...
                    X