Good conceal guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good conceal guns

I'm going for my CCW in a few weeks and I need a good conceal gun. I've been looking on the web at them, but want real world input. So what are you guys carrying?

Glock 26 with 3.5 lbs. trigger, I don't CC much but when I do that's what I trust the most. It shoots anything you put in it and is damn near as reliable as a revolver.

Are you looking for a auto or a wheel gun?

Comment

I carry either a glock 23 or a keltec pf9

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
        Glock 26 with 3.5 lbs. trigger, I don't CC much but when I do that's what I trust the most. It shoots anything you put in it and is damn near as reliable as a revolver.

Are you looking for a auto or a wheel gun?
        I want an auto not bigger than a 9. I rented a Ruger LC9S from the range. I didn't like the trigger at all. Felt like forever pulling the trigger before it shot. I am going to the range tomorrow and rent some different ones to see if I like them.

Comment

That's the best thing to do. Go to the range hold a few at the counter. Pick a few that feel the best In your hand,then take them to the range and try them out.

Comment

keltec 3.80 for me

Comment

I started with a Ruger sr9 which was to big to carry but love the trigger pull. Switched to a sr9c since I loved the trigger so much. I would still have it but a cheap glock 26 fell in my lap and I've never looked back. My glock has a safety on the trigger too. Pull is a little longer than Ruger SR series but the glock with a shorter barrel was more accurate than the Ruger with a .5" longer barrel. I HATE Ruger lc9 like mentioned and for the same reason. The body guard sucks balls too. Best way to decide is first go to the gun store and pick up many of them and find what fits your hand best then narrow it down. These small compact guns are too tiny for whopper junior hands and you can't control them when shooting anything bigger than a .22.

The cool thing with Ruger SR_c series is the second clip is a full mag so you can have a full grip at the range. FYI glocks have more after market than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                I want an auto not bigger than a 9. I rented a Ruger LC9S from the range. I didn't like the trigger at all. Felt like forever pulling the trigger before it shot. I am going to the range tomorrow and rent some different ones to see if I like them.
                I also had a Kimber Ultra II that was a work of art and just too pretty and pricy to knock around on my hip, it shot great and if the dollars don't scare you away I'd consider one. I also have buddies that swear by the Keltec 9mm but I've never shot one.

I'm a Glock fan but unless you put a little money into the trigger they suck beyond belief...their pull is so long and heavy it's ridiculous and when you add in the safety it fells like a 1" of creep.

Comment

don't carry often but have a simple .38 snubnose. really want a ruger LCR in .357, just haven't coughed up the cash yet.

but as above, really comes down to what you like best.
                  beat up rusted out k5

Comment

I carried an auto (Kel-Tec) for years,a good gun for the money and it's easy to conceal.A few months ago I bought a Ruger LCR (38+P) mainly for the simple reliablity.It's a little harder to conceal,but I'm very happy with this sub nose.

Nick
                    Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                    Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I'm an xd fan... I have an xd .40 sc so far it's my favorite but still kinda wide with double stack mag I'm gonna look in a .45 xds compact I really like the .40 though it fits my hand well

Dad has glock 23 gen 4 and likes it.. It's bout same width as my xd but it's an inch longer
                      Both great guns for ccw
                      S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

I carry a Beretta px4 compact 9, 13+1. Double action trigger with a real safety. They make it in a compact, subcompact (15+1) and a full size (17+1). I love mine and it is very accurate and reliable. I put 200 rounds thru it yesterday.
                        I have a keltec p3at 380 for a pocket pistol and would not buy another one. I will be trading it in on a Beretta nano soon.
                        My wife carriers a S&W airweight hammerless and she likes it.
                        Last edited by my toys; 03-08-2015, 09:56 AM.
                        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January30, 1787

http://www.ivycityfour-wheelers.com/

Comment

I carry a sig p238. You may want to take a look at one of these.

Comment

I went to the range today and tried several 9's out. Tried 2 springfields the s&w m&p shield, a glock 26 gen4, and another I can't remember. The glock 26 shot good and fit my hand well. Without the speed loader, the clip sucked to load. I nailed the 10" target from 20 yards with ease. I definitely liked the glock the best.

Comment

S&w 380
                              sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
                              X