RS big maple...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS big maple...

Does anyone go there, and if so are the people that run it really as stupid and drama filled as they appear on facebook? I apparently "liked" their page at some point in time and every so often something shows up from them. In the past its been arguments over who's owns the place and who runs it, with whoever runs the page posting up Rumpke receipts and very unprofessional bickering. Today they have a random car they want moved, and posted up asking whose it is. Then a couple people made some comments about running it over and destroying it and the idiots at RS big maple told them to "have at it". Is the place so sketchy that you can't leave your vehicle unattended?

This is a link(maybe) to the post I'm referring to.

https://www.facebook.com/49357973409..._t=photo_reply

I've never been. It used to be pretty bad, I thought it was getting better.

Recent facebooks make it sound like it's getting worse...
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Last time I was there the cooky couple that claimed to be American Indians ran the gate ..it was shady. Like Wrenchmonkey said the reports where that the place was turning around and had some better management but the BS on Facebook doesn't make me want to head out there.

Comment

I've been there about 3 times. I don't think you could call it ran by anybody. You give dude 10 bucks and off you go. I've never signed any waiver or anything. There's not much to the place. I would rather drive the extra 20 minutes to Haspin.

Comment

When the "native American" was running it I went there a few times. Trails would get interesting when there wet and swampy. Haven't been there in probably 8 months though.

Comment

I was there once 12-13 years ago,nobody was "running" anything or taking money. Its small and boring but I thought it might be a good place to take the kids since its close and the terrain isn't real crazy. But after reading all their crap theres no way I'm going back.

Comment

That place is nothing but drama-filled BS. Two different groups of people claim ownership. Both will show bills, etc... in their name to "prove" it. Here is the kicker: They have 2 FB sites, on from each side, that contradict each other. One will post : Hey, free ride this weekend everyone come out." Then the guy ( Shelton?) who posted or the other butthead ( Matt?) will show up and threatened to have you arrested for theft, trespassing, sheep rape, and anything else. I think maybe the scam is to say it is free to get more people in there and then make them pay.

They also run the scam where when you show up you pay some idiot in a truck at the end of the drive ( the usually process) in the morning & then when you leave the other doof is there saying you didn't pay because you didn't pay HIM.

Once side calls the cops on the other saying the other is cooking meth there. Yeah, who needs caught up in that BS even if it is fake?

As to the place: it mainly has ATV-sized trails. Anything bigger is going to get torn up. I am just mentioning this for those who may care about their paint. It is also very small. There are very few things that will challenge anything over a near-stock vehicle. It is full of idiots. A lot of drinking and doing stupid stuff. Hey that may be fine for you but for me a dozen drunks doing the " hold my beer and watch this" stuff is no longer fun to be around.

This place has been around for a long time and has been known as many things including White Cross Farms. In the current state I wouldn't go there if it was free and they washed my jeep for me afterwards.

Comment

Working...
              X