Tj 4.0 swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj 4.0 swap question

I have the chance to get a 2001 tj that was initially a 2.5l. It has been swapped to a 4.0l using entire drive line harness and what not. However the gauges nor the heat works. I have read that it's because the pcm will not interact with the cluster or something along those lines. Is there an easy fix to this , like swapping in a 97-00 cluster.Any info will be helpful
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

What year are the donor parts from?

Comment

UNITED STATES MARINE
      sigpic

Comment

Been trying to research the issue a bit. And from what I have found is the dash harness/body harness needs swapped over to a 97-00 harness along with The cluster. Can anybody confirm this.
        UNITED STATES MARINE
        sigpic

Comment

I don't have access to all of the technical manuals anymore (I did vehicle testing for Chrysler back in the late-90s to early-2000's) but that is around the time period they switch the ECM's over to CAN interface. It would make sense that the dash of an 2001 model year would not communicate with the older style ECM. Not sure how easy the swap will be as I don't know if the dash modules are simply plug and play between them or if the harness is completely different also.

To be honest I would be hesitant to buy a vehicle where the person who did the swap didn't bother to make the dash or heat work........makes you wonder what else may not be right.

Comment

I think I know the Jeep you are looking at. I went back and forth with him for a while and decided for the price he was asking it was defiantly not worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X