Willys Truck Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willys Truck Build

I figured I'd go ahead and start a build thread for my Willys truck project.

The guts of my project is basically a K5 Blazer chassis.

350 tbi, 700r4, np241, D60, 14 bolt.

My 47' cab.

I'll post more as I make progress.
    So far it's been a real blast to build.

(Pulled the k5 body with a small harbor freight engine hoist :) )

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gonna look good. I love the old Willys trucks. The cab is an older model with the small rear window.('48-53?), but the hood and grill is from '50 to '55. Probably '50-'51, unless someone added or subtracted some horizontal bars. I think '53 on up only had 3 bars, and in '56 the middle bar was above center line. '57 on up had an air intake opening on passenger side of grill with 3 equally spaced bars. Mine is a '59.
    I hate mud!

Comment

Originally posted by kkoepper View Post
      Gonna look good. I love the old Willys trucks. The cab is an older model with the small rear window.('48-53?), but the hood and grill is from '50 to '55. Probably '50-'51, unless someone added or subtracted some horizontal bars. I think '53 on up only had 3 bars, and in '56 the middle bar was above center line. '57 on up had an air intake opening on passenger side of grill with 3 equally spaced bars. Mine is a '59.
      That's exactly right.
      The I have two cabs. I first bought the newer cab with the large back window and later found the small window cab. I like the small window better so that's what I decided to go with.

The grill is newer but I think someone added bars or moved bars (at least that's what they told me on the willys forum)

Comment

I think you should put it on 53 inch michelins

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Definitely don't see these on the trails much. Kudos for doing a unique build. Have fun with it.

Comment

After all the shock talk at the meeting I'm thinking about linking the rear of my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
              Do your homework and don't buy just anything. Building a link suspension is easy. So is building one that works horribly off road. I'd suggest finding a kit offered by a reputable company that will answer questions then research that kit. Use google to research it and learn how changing the wording can increase the results. This btw is one example of a kit out there. Good luck!
              Thanks man.

This whole project has been a great learning experience. I definitely welcome any input or knowledge guys can pass on to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                Yup. Lots of useful info here as well. http://www.billavista.com/Tech/Categ...dex/index.html
                How does he find time to wheel...

Comment

Looks awesome. Keep the updates coming !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Comment

Body mounts are finished now.

Now I need to remove and replace the transmission and rebuild the np241 with a sye.

Comment

-I finished the sye reinstalled the t-case and installed an indexing ring to clock the case upwards. It's going to be pretty close to a flat skid plate.
                      - I've completed the passenger side body work/ floor/ rust repair.

The list of things to do is shrinking.

I'll post up some photos later.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeystrong View Post
                        I'll post up some photos later.
                        How much later?

DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Passenger floor finished.

Comment