Hydraulic steering help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic steering help

Looking to get some Hydraulic lines made for setting up steering on Zach's jeep. Cheaper but quality good is always best.

Also looking for the mount the would go into the orbital valve that I can weld on the bottom of a stock steering column as well to mount the orbital with.

Single ram wanted as well...where to by quality cylinder at a budget price.
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

I got my cylinder and fittings from www.surpluscenter.com for my hydro assist. For the hoses, I just bought them at Tractor Supply. They sell hoses with male NPT on the ends then I bought the NPT swivel fittings from Surplus Center. I think I had about $175 in my cylinder, fittings, and hoses.

Comment

this is going to be full hydro on a dana 60 with high steer
      sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

The full hydro shouldn't really be any different other than a double ended cylinder and the orbit valve instead of a steering box. Surplus center sells the double ended cylinders and orbital valves. They might have a bracket for the orbit valve too.

Comment

I got my hoses made at ohio hydraulics inc in sharonville. It took them about 15 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer to buy the DIY fittings and make my own. That way I can make any repairs on the trail easily. Just carry a couple spare fittings and some hose. I got my orbital at trail gear, my ram from psc, and the reservoir off a semi.

Comment

Working...
            X