Driveshaft work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft work

Looking for a local company (Fairfield Ohio or surrounding area) that will replace my CV's in my driveshafts I have. The ones I use to go to are out of business...
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

I have used Powertrain of Cincinnati before. They are in Sharonville off E. Kemper Rd.

Comment

I just had mine done at BT Shaft in Milford. Couple hundred bucks, but it looks to be done right, smooth to 80mph, and cheaper than a new shaft.
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Went thru Titton in Utah to get replacements. Curtis is really good and I got Zach's and Mike's there. He cut me a deal and was willing to let me use my slips I already have since they are only a couples years old and matched his spline count. 2 CV's for $400. Shipped to my door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Titton is horrible. Replaced both shafts after 1.5 years. His long spline shafts wear fast at highway speeds. His CV joint on my rear came apart less than a year old. Only warranty with him is 30 days and you pay shipping on any repairs. I learned the hard way do it right the first time and get a woody. In fact tom woods was only $10 more than Curtis was. I'm in Dayton area and nobody around here does a decent job as I've tried all the local shops here too.
          If you find a good local shop I say use them. Any repairs will be quick and no shipping involved.

Comment

They're not too bad to do yourself honestly..... If you were ever interested in doing them yourself, Id be happy to show you how I've done them. Done a few for my brothers buggy, my rig and a couple friends beaters. Most of them have been well over 60mph with no noticeable vibrations.
            1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by nshefbuch View Post
              I learned the hard way do it right the first time and get a woody.
              That's what I had B&T replace the end on, my old Tom Woods. 13 years old, on two different rigs, daily driven and wheeled hard, finally wore out the DC joint.
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I used tkh fab goes great work

Comment

How do you guys balance them when making a shaft?

Comment

What is your run-out @?

If the driveshaft is already made, you can try drilling a small hole in the tube and pouring a cup of ATF and then welding shut. Dont use only, only ATF or hydraulic fluid.
                    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Working...
                    X