race lawn mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race lawn mower

So some of my friends were bored and one just happens to be IMO a redneck. We came up with the idea to have a challenge with the 3 of us to build riding lawn mowers and race(yes we were drinking but we were sober enough). There will be 3 races, up hill, down hill, and an auto X type thing. we will race once in about a month with them stock and again this summer after we have "built" them.

I don't know the first thing about a lawn mower but I know I can build anything that moves and somethings that dont. Has anyone ever "built" a lawn mower and would anyone have one they would want to donate or sell for a cheap price. I'm trying to find one with an engine that I can still get parts for.

Also if anyone else is bored your welcome to come race too, I have to much time on my hands
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Can I get involved? I have a 14 hp mower that is slightly modified and would love to be involved in such a prestigeous event! I can mill your head and do some motor work for ya. Let me know who is involved and if I can play with you guys. Sounds like fun!
    sigpic

Comment

Boy that took longer than I expected for Truggy to get involved!!!!
      Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
      But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

Scott your welcome to join. I dont plan to keep the stock motor, I just want one that I can make run decent for now. We are not sure what the "modified" race will consit of yet. It will probably be an open class and I know where I can get my hands on an R1 engine/trans for a good price. Originaly I wanted to be able to use this tractor at my house but they way its looking it wont be practical at all.

there are talks of making it so only "mower" engines can be used. If thats the case I'm going to see how much Nitrous it can handle.

Comment

Keep us posted...I'd show up to watch..
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

R1 motor? How much? I have a place where we can race em, hill climb em and tractor pull if that is needed and I would think that it would be fun to stick with the current motor modified. Not worth the effort of extensive mods as the chassis are not even able to handle excessive speeds. How about making them dual purpose? Tractor pulling, hill climbing and race all in 1? These things can rattle your spine at 40mph!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
              Keep us posted...I'd show up to watch..
              No girls allowed!
              sigpic

Comment

I like the idea with the pull, I think that would make a great challenge and make it so you have to keep some low end. R1s go for around 1300-1500 usually but I have found a few for about 1k, not sure if I would want to spend that money on a lawn mower or not but I figured I would just put it on a go kart when I'm done with it.

I'm not sure if I will be able to convince them to stick with the original motor, they are pretty excited to weld up some tube and build a chassi to handle something larger. But that will be pretty scary/unsafe in the turns so I'll see. We are going to discuss it over a few beers when I get back in the state at the end of the week. I'll keep ya posted

Comment

be fun to film it, make it a big spoof, like a mockumentary.

Comment

Just to get your juices pumping guys!!

[yt]akaanteVCs4[/yt]

[yt]UYUGYcllHGI[/yt]
                    Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
                    But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                      be fun to film it, make it a big spoof, like a mockumentary.
                      That sounds like a great idea, I'll have to steal me a camcorder and shoot it

Comment

i like the road corse better and on the last one it looked like that hurt a lil bit
                        real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

One of the guys who used to work here competed in "professional" lawnmower racing...as in had sponsors, a regular season schedule, race suits, was on TV, etc... His wife still works in our office. I'm sure with a little searching you can find some actually racing leagues if you are interested in just seeing what their rules and stuff are. (and yes, I consider this hillbilly redneck no matter what, but looks like fun!).

Comment

Nothing but redneck hillibilly stuff comes from you 3 when you start drinking. You'll have to let me know when you get started on this and i'll help you out.
                            2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                            2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
                              Nothing but redneck hillibilly stuff comes from you 3 when you start drinking. You'll have to let me know when you get started on this and i'll help you out.
                              Your the only one to blame that your Jeep looks red neck

Comment

Working...
                              X