DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
        What size?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got them on. They are big. Thing I am going to be e to clearance the front cab mount a little. Had to change the front brakes so I could fit the 15in rims on it

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post

Those will look good on there. Did you change the rear axle yet? The Dana 70 didn't like the 39.5's

Comment

Those will look good on there. Did you change the rear axle yet? The Dana 70 didn't like the 39.5's

No I have not changed it yet. I guess I will see how it holds up. Try to take it easy on it.

Did it ever brake with the 39?

Comment

I wonder what the cost of upgrading the D70 carrier and buying new shafts is compared to slapping in a 14-bolt with 4.88 gears?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle
                  I seem to recall it breaking a shaft before. What you have is the older coarse 23 spline d70. Think these have 1.5" shafts but they neck down pretty far. Something like 1.2". The trick is knowing whether you have a .5" offset carrier or not as I think this makes a big difference when trying to put the bigger 35spline stuff in, source parts, and have it all line up correctly.
                  Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                  I wonder what the cost of upgrading the D70 carrier and buying new shafts is compared to slapping in a 14-bolt with 4.88 gears?
                  well I will have to try to figure out what carrier is in it so I know what parts to look for. I have a friend that has some dana 70 parts but who know if they will fit or now

As for the cost. Well I looked last night and the cheapest 14 bolt axle I found uses was 250 and the cheapest 488 gear for about 185 shipped. So I am going to be on the look out for both and hope that the 70 holds till then.

Comment

Looks good sir. [emoji41]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                    scotty

85 grand wagoneer(whats left of it)
                    77 scout II truggy
                    84 chevy "home made crewcab"

Delightfully Tacky,Yet Unrefined

Comment

any of you guys know if that rear is a 2 part carrier or not?

Comment

Yes, he broke the pass rear. It broke on steel hill in Harlan. He wasn't really getting on it either. Watch out for low low. It breaks stuff.

I researched this way back and there were like 3 different versions of pinion offset. I believe it's a 2 piece carrier, which if I recall would make it easier to swap to 35 spline. Unless the spiders are welded to the carrier. It sucks that only moly shafts are 32 or 35 spline.

Comment

Looks like you need to come out and play with us soon! Next run is April 26th (Rush)

Comment

Yes, he broke the pass rear. It broke on steel hill in Harlan. He wasn't really getting on it either. Watch out for low low. It breaks stuff.

I researched this way back and there were like 3 different versions of pinion offset. I believe it's a 2 piece carrier, which if I recall would make it easier to swap to 35 spline. Unless the spiders are welded to the carrier. It sucks that only moly shafts are 32 or 35 spline.
                            ok,, going to do some checking then,,, might have a line on some upgrade parts if they will fit

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                              Looks like you need to come out and play with us soon! Next run is April 26th (Rush)
                              we will see if I can get everything done by then,,, I still have to upgrade the stearing now with the 44 think I am going to need a ram to move the tires

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post
                                we will see if I can get everything done by then,,, I still have to upgrade the stearing now with the 44 think I am going to need a ram to move the tires
                                Yeah ram and full hydro is what I have on my jeep. It turns 40's like nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X