X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested? Great Miami River Sweep 2008

Great Miami River Sweep
    Saturday, May 10, 2008

This is an annual event where people volunteer a few hours of their time to clean up our local river. I know a bunch of you all enjoy this river & its tributaries for various activities. I have been volunteering at this clean-up for a few years now & it really makes you understand the amount of trash that people just throw out in the river.

Is anyone else in CORE interested in volunteering some time to help clean up our environment? I am thinking of going to the Trenton location again (unless another location would work for more people).

If we got a good amount of Jeeps (and people in club shirts) we might get some good PR out of this. Anyone else interested in organizing something so they see that us wheelers care about the environment?

http://www.butlerswcd.org/CleanSweep.htm

I may give this a shot and meet you in trenton and eat at yardbirds after the event too! Yummy
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great time. We'd definitely be interested.

Understand that I barely know where Trenton is. You referring to the Community Park location or the St Rt 73 one?
      Last edited by tjjeepjeep; 04-02-2008, 04:15 PM.
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I could do that.. keep us informed
        03 Frontier Crewy (yeah)
        85 Trooper lifted\caged and ragged top
        89 Trooper RS (really short) x2

www.nightcrawlers4x4.com
        www.testtubegraphics.com

Comment

Maybe I could find a washed up car in the river and turn it in for scrap as the scrap price per ton is 205.00 now!
          sigpic

Comment

I would be interested in joining you Jason. I bet I could get Jacob and John to come also
            I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              Maybe I could find a washed up car in the river and turn it in for scrap as the scrap price per ton is 205.00 now!
              There was one at the Trenton location last year, the area that's cleaned there is basically "the trestles". I don't think they'd let ya have it for free but ya never know!

I can say that I'll definitely be attending with my family. I'll go ahead and say that I'll be working the Trenton Community Park location. But if we get enough people we should to hit a few different locations to increase the PR.

They provide trash bags & gloves for the event. You get a t-shirt to commemorate the event. You will need to dress appropriately for the weather & protect yourself from sting-weeds/poison ivy.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                I may give this a shot and meet you in trenton and eat at yardbirds after the event too! Yummy
                Oh yes sounds like good eatn to me

Comment

This is THIS Saturday, the 10th.
                  I will be attending the Trenton Cleanup; meet at Trenton Community Park at or before 8:00 am. Cleanup is from 8-12 noon but you don't have to stay the whole time.

Drive your Jeep & wear your club shirt to show that we care!

Everyone attending gets a free t-shirt, gloves for handling the trash & bottled water to drink, can't beat that! Trash bags are also supplied.

See yall there!

Comment

Working...
                  X