Dana 44 axle shafts for 83 CJ 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 44 axle shafts for 83 CJ 7

I’ve heard they don’t make these anymore. 29 spline. Anyone no where you can get these still? Looking for driver side rear chrome alloy

Originally posted by twillcj7 View Post
    I’ve heard they don’t make these anymore. 29 spline. Anyone no where you can get these still? Looking for driver side rear chrome alloy
    This is the only thing I can find as of right now.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/crown-...-BKMN-J0640968

Comment

Here's Chromoly, but for an AMC 20, idk if that would work or not:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/2...SABEgLtm_D_BwE

Comment

And another. Hope this helps if it does.

http://www.alloyusa.com/alloy-usa-21130.html

Comment

To be honest I've never heard of a 29-spline Dana 44 axle, and actually surprised somebody found reference to this on the internet....but doesn't mean they don't exist.

I would suspect the stock rear axle on an '83 CJ-7 to be a Model 20 which would have 29 spline axles. Some late '86 model CJ-7 had Dana 44's with 30-spline axles. Though on an older vehicle like that it's hard to tell what might have been swapped in over the years.

Take a look at the below picture and it shows a Model 20 vs. Dana 44 diff cover difference (both are on the top row).

Comment

It’s a 44. I was told it was a stock 44 that came in an 83 but now I’m not sure. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

My '82 Cj7 (when it was bone stock) had it's original axles underneath it, which were Dana 44s. I upgrade the rear axles though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
                My '82 Cj7 (when it was bone stock) had it's original axles underneath it, which were Dana 44s. I upgrade the rear axles though.
                Just in the rear, or did it have a 44 in the front also? I knew some J-trucks and Wagoneers had 44's in the front but have never heard of a CJ with a factory front Dana 44. But I also know that auto manufacturers tended to do some weird and non-standard things back in that time period, especially Jeep/AMC.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                  Just in the rear, or did it have a 44 in the front also? I knew some J-trucks and Wagoneers had 44's in the front but have never heard of a CJ with a factory front Dana 44. But I also know that auto manufacturers tended to do some weird and non-standard things back in that time period, especially Jeep/AMC.
                  Wait a second.. Lol I glanced at the pumpkins and just remembered it was a Dana 30 front and rear was a AMC 20 wide track axles.

Comment

Working...
                  X