Hybrid trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid trailer

I'm thinking about buying a hybrid open/enclosed trailer. The box will be unfinished so I can customize myself. My only concern is weight. My rig will be 4500 lbs or so. That leaves 5500 lbs max for the trailer. My tow rig is good to 10k, but I'd rather not go that high. I saw a 30' hybrid with a 10' box that weighed 3800 unfinished. Mine would be 28' with a 12' box. Is doing this and staying under 5500 lbs dry doable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	77597

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	77598

To answer your question, you need to put a want list together. Do you want a generator, a/c, water tank, bath w/toilet, shower, kitchen w/sink, fridge, microwave? You need to consider what that stuff will weigh.
    We have a 26' trailer we used with a porta potty, generator, a/c and cots. It was ok for the 3 day drive to Moab.

Comment

I think a tent would be much simpler than to do all of this.
      No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Iron View Post
        To answer your question, you need to put a want list together. Do you want a generator, a/c, water tank, bath w/toilet, shower, kitchen w/sink, fridge, microwave? You need to consider what that stuff will weigh.

We have a 26' trailer we used with a porta potty, generator, a/c and cots. It was ok for the 3 day drive to Moab.
        It will have a/c, heat, water tank, grey and black tanks, fridge, toilet, shower, kitchen sink, microwave. Basically everything i have in my toy hauler minus the stove and a few cabinets.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
          I think a tent would be much simpler than to do all of this.
          I don't mind the extra trouble to be comfortable. [emoji41]

Comment

Will your tow rig handle the tongue weight one of these units forces you to have?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
              Will your tow rig handle the tongue weight one of these units forces you to have?
              That shouldn't be a problem. It's a 1 ton express van. My old truck and trailer weighed 7500 lbs with the trailer hooked to the van. My toy hauler is close to that. I also have a weight distribution hitch on it.

Comment

The van also didn't like towing the old truck & trailer... If you want to stay light & this be your final trailer maybe look into aluminum trailer with fiberglass front shell?

Comment

Decided to go a different route.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                    Decided to go a different route.

Well that's a teaser...
                    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post

Well that's a teaser...
                      The route i took. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Comment

Working...
                      X