Trail etiquette - light bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail etiquette - light bars

Just a random post.... trail etiquette often comes up and wanted to bring up light bars. If you run one of those million-some lumen light bars remember to turn it off when you come up on another group. Nothing more annoying then being completely blinded by some dude that refuses to turn it off, even after the first guy in our group pulls up to him and reminds him what is going on. We literally had to creep along while shading our eyes and looking at the ground right beside your rig for probably 200' to get past the guy because you couldn't see......and if you only have that one huge light bar with no other lights and that is your excuse, go spend $40 on Amazon and buy a couple pod lights and install them.

if you only have that one huge light bar with no other lights and that is your excuse, go spend $40 on Amazon and buy a couple pod lights and install them.[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from... but sometimes people buy only those because they are simple to install and not have to worry about running extra lights/wires. There should make them to where they have a dim mode on them. Or high beam/slow beam mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
      ...sometimes people buy only those because they are simple to install...
      That just means they're lazy on top of being inconsiderate.

If all you have is a big obnoxious light bar, you should pull off the trail and turn it off to let the more considerate, better prepared people pass.

Of course that'll never happen, and is some of the reason I don't usually do night rides. The stupid and obnoxious get worse at night.
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Of course that'll never happen, and is some of the reason I don't usually do night rides. The stupid and obnoxious get worse at night.[/QUOTE]

That's when you do it back to them lol

Comment

I pull people over constantly for this..
          And yes I give a ticket no matter what the excuse is.
          Sad to say but 90 % of the time it's jeep Mall crawlers that I nail.

Just wish I could do this on the trail.
          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post

Lol you and you're negatives about Jeeps. Just kidding! But yeah I see them A LOT on the newer jeeps.. It isn't like they take those out in the woods... They sometimes just install them for looks

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post

God bless you...I’d love to see every one of those tools get jail time for running offroad bars on the street!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                God bless you...I’d love to see every one of those tools get jail time for running offroad bars on the street!
                It is absolutely unbelievable how many people do this and refuse to understand it's illegal and extremely rude.
                Had to have 1 vehicle impounded because he turned it right back on after he took off.

Comment

And yes Zack it was a jeep I impounded

Comment

Working...
                  X