Diesel MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel MPG

Looking at getting a diesel and wondering what everyone's been getting with theirs. (Make, engine, mileage)
    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    2010 Harley Street Glide

I got 17 - 20 average with my 04' F250 4x4 6.0L

also 13-15 towing 6-8k, depends on amount of hills and how much highway
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

06 CTD megacab 12mpg with 14,000lbs in tow and 21 on the highway empty. Not bad for 490hp and 930ft lb.
      sigpic

Comment

dsl mpg

06 Cummins, not stock, 17 on the highway empty at 75 mph, 13 on the highway loaded (regardless of load weight it seems) at 75 mph, and 22 around town. All figures are NOT from the overhead console.

Comment

17-19 average, bone stock Duramax. Hope to push it to 21 next week with my new banks stuff.

Comment

01 Cummins Auto longbed extended cab 4x4 19-20 highway, 16 stop and go(heavy foot), 15-16 highway towing flatlands, 13-14 highway towing hills. Edge juice with attitude on milege setting, everything else stock.
            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

2000 F250, extended cab, long bed 4x4, with the 7.3...

13 mpg, no matter what. Around town, on the highway, empty or draggin the cherokee. Always 12.5-13.5...

Robert
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I have an 05 Duramax and love it 18 hwy empty it is hard to stay out of the throttle. Figure in that diesel is $4.00 a gallon My brother has a 01 tundra and other buddy a 02 chev with the 5.3 we all used a bout the same fuel following each other down to Harlan and back last weekend but they only paid 3.20 Gallon and I paid $4.00 and over. Something to think about . especially if you are only towing one rig and not 15,000lbs
                87 4runner cut in half 36 swamper beadloks some other bs

Comment

Well lilblue and I towed his Cherokee a few weeks ago and he averaged 9-8mpg with his 4.7. He is just trying to get something with a bit more balls behind it when pulling and be efficient while doing it
                  I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

My truck pulls great. It just doesn't have the gas mileage while towing. I get an average of 14-16mpg mainly highway which means it would be just as cheap to have a diesel getting about 5-7mpg more doing the same driving. I've thought about it alot. Right now I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind of mileage people are getting from theirs. Thanks everyone for the info.
                    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                    2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Working...
                    X