Camping this Holiday Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping this Holiday Weekend?

Does anyone know of a great spot I should go to camp this weekend with the family? We have looked at all of our regular destinations & they all seem to be booked up. I would like to visit Natural Bridge in Kentucky, but I have never been there before, or any other place closeby in KY.

Anyways, where do yall recommend?
    Do you have a contact I should call?

I was planning on pulling my pop-up with my ZJ to wherever.
    What should I do - I need an answer ASAP and am running out of time!

Holiday weekends AEP (Ohio Power) is a great place to camp. The place is huge so there is plenty of camp sites.

Comment

That was on the 4th of July weekend last year.

Comment

That shovel is bad, I was just thinking of that the other day. Off of Big Muskie, the largest dragline ever built. Some reclamation act forced AEP to scrap the whole rig but saved the shovel as a tourist attraction. There was an effort to save the whole dragline but it failed.

Comment

The Natural Bridge campground is a very nice place...tucked down in a valley with a small creek running through the middle of it, and real toilets and showers in a heated building. However I wouldn't be surprised if it's already booked.

Lake Alma and Tar Hollow are parks that are group uses located in Vinton County (East of Chillicothe).

All of the places have websites you can look up.

Comment

Originally posted by cheech View Post
            That shovel is bad, I was just thinking of that the other day. Off of Big Muskie, the largest dragline ever built. Some reclamation act forced AEP to scrap the whole rig but saved the shovel as a tourist attraction. There was an effort to save the whole dragline but it failed.

http://www.stripmine.org/muskie1.htm

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Well, we ended up choosing Wolf Run near Cumberland, Ohio. It has a nice lake & is near "The Wilds" a place we've been wanting to visit for some time. (www.thewilds.org)

Yall have a great holiday!

Comment

From what I hear the best time to do the safari is in the evening, that is when the animals come out to feed.

Comment

Working...
                X