Good places to off road around town in a stock truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good places to off road around town in a stock truck

Hi I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4 that's stock configuration. And I was wondering if anyone knows good places around here where I could off road it without tearing it to pieces since it's my daily driver. I already know about Haspin Acres and I went there and felt confident on only about 3 of their trails. There seem to be lots of public trails for atvs but not too many for larger vehicles. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know a spot in Lawrenceburg IN not much there but you can get muddy
    last time I went the road was washed out but hopefully they fix it back
    86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Where's local? Where do you live?

I live near Eastgate Mall. Closest LEGAL place to ride a 4x4 is Haspin Acres. Closest place to legally ride an ATV is Bigrock in Maysville KY.

I do not think there are any LEGAL places to ride anywhere "around town". Everywhere is either someones property or people trespassing on city or private property.

When people say they "know a spot" or something like that, its ILLEGAL. If it were OK to ride, everyone would be there. Don't do it, even if you think you won't get caught. Its bad for our sport, and can get you ticketed.

Head out to Haspin and ride the bunny trails. There are a few trails off the bunny trails that you could have fun on.
      88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

this spot is legal it's just a dirt road sometimes it's kind rough depends on how many have been back there
        it's posted that it is legal but you have to stay on the road
        86 Ford Bronco

Comment

X2 on giving Haspin a 2nd shot. There's LOTS of trails there & you'd be surprised what all a stock truck can do there (without damage) with a good trail guide.

Comment

I also say you should give Haspin another try. It really is a great place to start. Mine is also my daily driver (stock but for a 3 inch lift & 33s). With some pointers from friends along the way, mine was able to keep pace with a group. You'll gain confidence having someone guide you, as well as by pure repetition.
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Actually that place in lawrenceburg would be great because southeastern indiana is where I live. But I was asking to see if there were any places really anywhere in the metro area. I guess I'll head back over to haspin when I get a chance since you guys keep recomending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                Actually that place in lawrenceburg would be great because southeastern indiana is where I live. But I was asking to see if there were any places really anywhere in the metro area. I guess I'll head back over to haspin when I get a chance since you guys keep recomending it.
                Next time before you go make a post here or check out www.terrainstompers.com, there is usually a group going to haspin from one site or another about every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                  Next time before you go make a post here or check out www.terrainstompers.com, there is usually a group going to haspin from one site or another about every weekend.

Most these guys drive there Jeeps to and from Haspin also.
                  There a good group of people and that really does matter when you pick who to wheel with.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Beach View Post
                    this spot is legal it's just a dirt road

Well, this wouldnt be an OFF ROAD spot, would it? :o
                    88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Working...
                    X