Ice buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
    Most of the Rzr's are wider than 50". The 900 and 1000 are 64" wide. That sounds like you would be limited on where you could ride it.
    That is why I can only go to the pay to play places since my Ranger is over the 50 inch limit.

Comment

This is why I'm selling my rig and getting a sxs. There are atv trails everywhere. I hear the Hatfield McCoy trails are awesome. I can't wait to get one and hit Harlan and Winrock.

That is pretty much what I did. Picked up a 18.5' enclosed trailer and finished out as a toy hauler camper. Fridge, stove, sink, ****ter, 4 beds, and TV. Keep the RZR in the back, show up at Windrock or Brimstone unload and go ride.

Hope to catch you guys on the trail. However keep one thing in mind, these are no cheaper than Jeeps.

As far as width restrictions, those are usually only on state and federal trails.

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
        However keep one thing in mind, these are no cheaper than Jeeps.
        It's gotta be cheaper than hauling around my full size rig. The initial cost is high, but should be cheaper to maintain and haul around than my dedicated rock crawler.

Comment

The 900 and 1000 are 64" wide...
          That's within 6" of a stock XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ...
          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

The XP1K is 70" wide. It will fit in the 50" areas if you go really quickly. There is talk about extending the width of the state trails to keep up with the new machines.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
              That's within 6" of a stock XJ/YJ/TJ/ZJ...
              The XP 1000 has a 90" wheelbase too.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                The XP1K is 70" wide. It will fit in the 50" areas if you go really quickly...
                I love the way you drive, man...

Comment

not the way you beat on rigs..**** you will be out 1k every trip..ha ha

It's gotta be cheaper than hauling around my full size rig. The initial cost is high, but should be cheaper to maintain and haul around than my dedicated rock crawler.
                  just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

My limo cat is 70 inches wide with the wheel offsets and spacers i have. It hangs over my 12 foot trailer

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
                      They dont measure anything...they build bridges at 51" wide and if can't fit you can't ride..
                      They also usually have gates at the trailhead that wide also. I'm sure the original intent was so only ATVs could use the trails, which was before the explosion in the SxS market.

Comment

A lot of states have the 50" wide rule as more of a weight limitation to help protect the trails from premature wear and breakdown. Could be wrong but I think I remember reading that PA was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
                          A lot of states have the 50" wide rule as more of a weight limitation...
                          Only the government would try to limit weight in inches...

:silly:

Comment

Here is a pic on my rzr 4. We mostly ride Rush Offroad, East Lynn, Wv, and hatfield Mccoys. I gave up on Wayne because of their permitting system and the 50" rule. Last i heard, wayne was going to widen their trails but only to 54".

Comment

Originally posted by mastiff View Post
                              Here is a pic on my rzr 4. We mostly ride Rush Offroad, East Lynn, Wv, and hatfield Mccoys. I gave up on Wayne because of their permitting system and the 50" rule. Last i heard, wayne was going to widen their trails but only to 54".

Well I have been wanting a 4seater to take the kids out too but I was wondering how well they do compared 2 seaters for climbing hills rock crawling..
                              Pros:
                              Cons:

im used to a sami at 80" wheel base! 54hp....
                              Thanks,
                              67fastback

-------------
                              84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                              87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                              67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                              04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                              87 sami - "SPLAT"
                              87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                              88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

My wildcat 4 does great at hill climbs. Its crazy stable. I do some rock crawling. Only real drawback I see is going over a sharp hump with the length you bottom out in the center easier. I am going to make a lift for it and think that help. It really feels the same as my two seater driving so much that I kept clipping trees with the back tires turning too soon lol

Comment

Working...
                                X