Mine Made Adventure Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Made Adventure Park

A few of us checked this place out last weekend. It is 43,000 acres of reclaimed coal land. It claims 100 miles of trail, which I call BS on. We rode the mapped trails and it's not 100 miles. There are trails that aren't mapped, so I don't know where they go. I was talking to a guy that said there were good trails not on the map towards Breathitt County. I guess that would be closer to Slade. I will have to look into that.
    The trails for the most part and smooth and good for cruising. There are some harder trails there, but most of them are easy. I liked the long gravel road to get to the trails. Rollin about 50 down them was fun. There were some unusual sights there for sure. We saw 3 wild horses on the road coming in, a herd of cattle on the trails, some deer, a turkey, and several elk. Nothing like coming around a corner a having a bull in the way. We couldn't find the tunnel or bridge they say is there.
    I probably won't go back, but I would like to check out the other trails in Breathitt County.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180817_123818.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	77407

Name:	20180817_123827.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	77408

Name:	20180817_150550.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	77409

Name:	20180817_152635.jpg
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	77410

Name:	20180817_163718.jpg
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	77411

Is it full size friendly?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
      Is it full size friendly?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Definitely not. There is a 70" width restriction. The trails were barely big enough for us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with Kevin on the description. There is no way there are 100 miles of trails on the official park map. I logged 60 some miles on Saturday but over half of that was running back over the same trails multiple times (there were some sections of trails we ran over at least 3-4 times). I talked with a guy working the office Saturday morning who said he was the one who gave guided rides on the weekend but wasn't going to be around that particular day, and said he typically ran 80-90 miles and none of it was on trails that were on the map.

Running the 50' wide graded gravel haul road at 40-50 mph was kinda' fun and there was some interesting scenery. The trails rated "easy" were what I would expect with being wider and really no obstacles. The "moderate" trails were basically just narrow two-tracks through the woods with some sharp turns and some steeper hills, but mostly doable in 2wd. The few "hard" trails I did see had some challenges, and there were several more on the map we didn't see, but I wasn't overly interested in running the super hard stuff and neither was one of the other guys.

If the place was closer I would consider going back IF we found a local or the guy mentioned above to show us around, but with the distance away there are several other big riding places I could get to and would like to see.

Comment

We were searching for an old wooden bridge that was for the railroad and an old tunnel, but never found it. We were way off. I found the bridge from a post on youtube. The tunnel isn't far from it. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37.4...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	72670

Comment

Working...
          X