Brimstone and TWRA trails, Trails End Camp - Huntsville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brimstone and TWRA trails, Trails End Camp - Huntsville, TN

Spent three days outside of Huntsville, TN riding Brimstone and some of the TWRA land. We camped at the Trails End Campground. This area is located in northern Tennessee (about 4 hours from Cincy) just to the west of I-75 and Norris Lake.

This was by far my favorite place I have been to for riding SxS's. The Brimstone area consists of almost 20,000 acres and 300 miles of trails. The trails were well marked, consistently rated, and they had a good map to follow. This is a really nice feature so you don't waste a bunch of time running around in circles trying to figure out where you are or where the good trails are. We ran about 50 miles per day staying mostly on the moderate and difficult trails with a few extremes thrown in. The group I went with has ridden this area many times and keep going back to it. Same group ran Windrock a couple years ago and while we enjoyed it we all thought Brimstone was better for SxS's.

Part of one day we decided to try out some of the TWRA land (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency). They have three "units" of land that basically surround Brimstone and extend all the way east of I-75 long the north side of Lake Norris. Ride Royal Blue is a well-known ATV/SxS name but they are a campground that is close to the TWRA land. The land available is 100,000+ acres with 900 miles of trails advertised. Found some good trails but they were not well marked and rated. Windrock is just to the southwest of the above. If you know the way you can ride ATV or SxS's all the way from Windrock to the far extreme of the TWRA land (obviously spend some time on back roads) but can be done legally as ATV's are allowed on some roads.
Working...
X