No announcement yet.

FRAME REPAIR?? pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a CJ the spring hanger is bolted to the under side of the frame and not inside it like a YJ. It is pretty easy to just cut the YJ spring mount out of the frame and then plate the frame solid. Then drill two holes and mount CJ style spring hangers. You can also just pedrill the holes and weld nuts to the inside of the plating like Jeep did on the CJ's when they were new. It also gives about a 1 1/2" to 2" lift to the back. A little longer shackle in the front will match every thing back up.

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
      I guess Tony and I were just lucky...

Where was your aftermarket frame from GPER?

For me, it won't matter soon, that whole rear section is getting the axe (grinder).
      It's a Matkins level III, their customer service sucks. I should have just bought a good welder then. Dealing with them was the biggest mistake I have made.

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
        On a CJ the spring hanger is bolted to the under side of the frame and not inside it like a YJ. It is pretty easy to just cut the YJ spring mount out of the frame and then plate the frame solid. Then drill two holes and mount CJ style spring hangers. You can also just pedrill the holes and weld nuts to the inside of the plating like Jeep did on the CJ's when they were new. It also gives about a 1 1/2" to 2" lift to the back. A little longer shackle in the front will match every thing back up.

Comment

any updates ?

Comment

Working...
          X