Hurculiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurculiner

Bought a Kit for my TJ tonight and plan to strip the interior tommrow.
    I know prep, prep, prep seems to be the key lightly sanding the tub and whatever I decide to cover. Any tips or cheats from experience.......lol

Thanks in advance,

Joe
    06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

wire wheel on an air cutoff tool and make sure not to get it on your skin unless you want to wear it for a week!
    sigpic

Comment

Like you said Prep,Prep is the key.. Make sure it's clean. I wiped down my heep with brake clean then alcohol.

I'm sure they say this in the instrutions. Apply several thin coats. Think I applied like six or seven layers.

Good Luck
      Nick
      Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
      Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I used Herculiner for a ton of applications: truck beds (inside & out), truck rocker panels and the interior of 'Yota cab.

Like you said and reiterated above, prep, prep, prep. I always use a green Scoth Brite pad. All glossiness needs to be removed (as well as all loose rust or paint). I always wipe down once with HOT water, let the surface dry and then wipe down with Acetone. For the first two coats I always use a small (1 or 2 inch) paint brush then I switch over to the roller. I did the entire interior of the 'Yota cab with a bruch. Put a coat on, let it dry until tacky (a small amoutn left on your finger when you touch test it), apply the next coat and repeat. I've done it several times with cold weather, I always used a garage with a heater where I could maintain the temperature. The more coats that you put on the more durable that it'll be.

Comment

Put an extra layer where your heal rests on the floorboard near the gas pedal. Mine wore through in a couple months. Also, put something in bolt holes to keep the stuff out of them. If not, you'll have to get a pick or something to get the liner out of the holes. Not that big of a deal once it dries, but it's always better to prevent it. Wear old clothes!

Comment

Working...
          X