trying to figure out what a parts called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to figure out what a parts called

Im new with jeeps and i have a 2000 xj thats lifted.... the part that runs across the front of the frame underneath the motor is loose... it connects to rods on each side with like a pin in them that can be adjusted higher or lower. Whats this called and i cand tighten it.. My numers 859 250 9560 if u wanna call it be greatly appreciated!

sounds like a front swaybar that is removeable possibly. Is the vehicle stock with no lift? Pics?
    sigpic

Comment

yeah sounds like swaybar dissconnects which should be connected in two places on the frame and then have a rod on each end going down to the axle.

if its loose at the frame hopefully the brackets are still there and all you need to do is tighten them or maybe replace a broken bolt if missing

if you could get a pic that would be the best and dont be afraid to be pointing to the problem area in the pic
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

sounds like adjustable swaybar links, possibly one of the bushings deteriorated & now it is loose. As mentioned above a picture says a thousand words.

Comment

the vehicle is lifted... and ill take a pic when i get home... I believe it is the sway bar and the bolts dont tighten anymore so i think its the bushings but i dont know where to get raplacement bushings.... but its makig some noises

Comment

Yep,sounds like the sway bar and links.

Nick
            Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
            Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

who needs sway bars

Comment

you can get bushing from Quadratec.com , I think the kit is 20 bucks from Poly.

Comment

Working...
                X