No announcement yet.

Tire groover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its still sitting in the box. I planned on blasting the tires with my torpedo heater to warm them up for grooving, but as you know it was stolen and the new heater doesn't have a blower so I'm gonna wait till spring to pull the groover out.

Comment

yea I knew that and it still sucks

if you wanted to uses it sooner you could bring your tires over my place and we could blast them with my heater or we could try it out on some junk tires I have too

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post

if you wanted to uses it sooner you could bring your tires over my place and we could blast them with my heater or we could try it out on some junk tires I have too
        Or I could break it in and borrow/rent it off you and see if I can get something going on my TSLs
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post

I'm not in a hurry really, there are enough projects for me to do before I need the tires grooved,but thanks for the offer
          Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
          Or I could break it in and borrow/rent it off you and see if I can get something going on my TSLs
          I might be up for renting it out after I get to use it once, but I'm selfish and like to play with my toys first lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
            I'm not in a hurry really, there are enough projects for me to do before I need the tires grooved,but thanks for the offer

I might be up for renting it out after I get to use it once, but I'm selfish and like to play with my toys first lol
            I understand man I am the same way but I thought there would be a chance. Get some pics on how it does.
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

I got the 300 watt one this week from http://www.speedwaymotors.com/300-Wa...-Iron,399.html.... I have done my 2 front tires so far and it seemed to work great... I don't have anything to compare it to, but it took me about 30 minutes per tire and didn't take much effort to cut through the rubber... The grooves are about a 1/4" deep....

The only thing bad about for me is that i have arthritis in my hands so it made my hands hurt a little, but wasn't too bad... i took a break between tires...

Here's a pic of 1 of the tires and the leftovers...
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              chris hodges
              96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
              71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
              X